When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Western Bicycles notched out or not bottom bracket shells

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

shoe3

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
I have seen notched out and not notched out Great Western bicycle bottom brackets. Threaded and non threaded cups??? Anyone got a take on this?

My ‘16 Crown is threaded for Fauber.
From Richard Great Western expert....hey Phil...if there was a Fauber crank with threaded cups, the housing was smaller and it had notches. Some export and contract bikes were press-in cups and non-Fauber stamped. ALL bikes that GW made after 1921 were non-Fauber with no notches,bigger BB housing and press-in cups..... Hope all is well with you

I was directed to Gendron bicycles recently, and discovered that some of those bikes had the scooped BB with 3-notch threaded cups. (Also, I believe I've found an application of my odd truss fork). So, were bicycle makers who used an external source, such as Fauber, for parts such as bottom brackets and cranks, more likely to go out of business earlier?

Back