When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Hawthorne Twin Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, my paint showed up. My UPS guy rang the doorbell, and when I opened the door, he was standing by the flower bed looking down at a box.. He was in panic mode.. He looks up and says 'The box is leaking paint, do you want me to return it"....No, no, no.... Some where along it's way today, the box was upside down, and having come from San Diego @ about 60 degrees, to my house @ approximately 110, it just leaked. I opened the box for us to see, all good...He walked away happy.....
DSC_1091.JPG

Sorry WetDog, but I have to chuckle, just a little bit. I truly do feel your pain though, and I'm really sorry to hear this happened to your project.

Years ago my ole Lady was a painting contractor and then I made a bad decision to help out and went to work for her. My main task was to help supervise but things were going crazy so that lead to another daily task, painting front metal doors with Alkyd, staining, sealing and then varnishing wood and fiberglass front doors. Those and other small spraying jobs like signs and wrought iron fences around the model homes. There wasn't a day where things went without a hitch or a big disappointment. One year we painted 4 new Walmarts and a JC Penny's and these buildings were all out to town. I drove 2 hours to a Walmart just to spray the exterior doors and jambs. Got all the doors prepped and masked off and by that time it warmed up pretty good. Starting spraying and went from one end of the building to other. After the painting was done and tools all cleaned up, I walked around to the first door sprayed to pull the masking. The door was completely covered with some kind of flying hard shelled beetle, they were stuck to the paint and crawled all over the door leaving trails. This happened to every door, so all had to be sanded and repainted. Fun stuff!

Jeez, how can you stand that heat, let alone work in it? Does it affect the application of the paint?
I worked in it for 43yrs, hated it. I've also worked in 11 below. I'll take the heat...When it's this warm, I just paint in the morning when it 75-85degrees, & use sloooooow thinner.

Sorry WetDog, but I have to chuckle, just a little bit. I truly do feel your pain though, and I'm really sorry to hear this happened to your project.

Years ago my ole Lady was a painting contractor and then I made a bad decision to help out and went to work for her. My main task was to help supervise but things were going crazy so that lead to another daily task, painting front metal doors with Alkyd, staining, sealing and then varnishing wood and fiberglass front doors. Those and other small spraying jobs like signs and wrought iron fences around the model homes. There wasn't a day where things went without a hitch or a big disappointment. One year we painted 4 new Walmarts and a JC Penny's and these buildings were all out to town. I drove 2 hours to a Walmart just to spray the exterior doors and jambs. Got all the doors prepped and masked off and by that time it warmed up pretty good. Starting spraying and went from one end of the building to other. After the painting was done and tools all cleaned up, I walked around to the first door sprayed to pull the masking. The door was completely covered with some kind of flying hard shelled beetle, they were stuck to the paint and crawled all over the door leaving trails. This happened to every door, so all had to be sanded and repainted. Fun stuff!

Great story. It's days like that where you load all your stuff up & head for the bar....

I hate painting. So many things can go wrong. You can go on and on with horror stories, I know I could. Some, years later......... are really funny.
I added it to the thread just to show things can go wrong at any moment....When I looked at the cans, I just started laughing after calling myself some nice names.....:D

Back