When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 schwinn american value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Serial on the 20" places it at April 24. That would be early 2nd quarter of '61. I had another one (26") a few years ago and production was in same area of sequential numbers. It was a plain=-jane model that got replaced by a '65 with more goodies on it.
REC

The American was re-introduced to dealers in the July '61 Reporter to be available beginning Aug. 1st 1961. At the same time the Corvette 5-speed and new Tornado were also introduced:

1961_07_Reporter_cover-1.png

The American was re-introduced to dealers in the July '61 Reporter to be available beginning Aug. 1st 1961. At the same time the Corvette 5-speed and new Tornado were also introduced:

View attachment 855087

If you read the accompanying text, it says that Christmas orders for the American will be taken in August and deliveries for Christmas will be on a first come basis. It doesn't say anything about production for 1961.

Aren't those the wide middleweight fenders on the bike in the OP? Should be narrow for 1962 middleweight with painted fenders I think, or at least that is the conclusion that was reached in some other thread.

I bought a nice 62 with the kickback hub 22 years ago at a yard sale for $10. It was a very nice looking bike (blue) that i kept for a few years and rode to work etc. That bike started me collecting old Schwinns and now have 22 in the herd. That bike started the passion!

Back