When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood rim Unicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How much for the unicycle ? I live in florida , walter branche , 407 697 3999 , i appreciate any reply , thanks pB

that is an awesome find!
would not mind having one in my collection.
overman wheel co = maker of the Victor and Victoria

I think your correct on the overman wheel Co. I found this on the back of the pedals OWco May 1880. Still have no markings on the frame yet.

Mike

078CB0EE-9270-437E-AEA6-E3E3845C983B.jpeg

1E2A5405-6D87-4AA0-815C-1F0A02522ABF.jpeg

72598F8B-9A7A-4402-9709-07F445F51FB3.jpeg

903BD3FC-7DDB-481A-8B09-D174CC657ADB.jpeg

FE98B834-3379-4FF2-A5E0-3C9F54A5B6B1.jpeg

Be cool if some of the people wanting to buy this offered some advice on exactly what it is. A cool piece for sure but it would be nice to know some history on this. I'm a unicycle rider and have never seen one this early. Were these listed in the literature of the time? V/r Shawn

[email protected] ,,,,rear hub , cranks and pedals and part of a Overman Wheel Co , front forks ,bearing cages , c-1887,,.the legs up to the seat , do not have a highwheel front forks profile, never seen or heard of Albert Overman Wheel Co advertising a unicycle . The seat would date this nice machine to any time after 1897 , . It is creative how they used the bottom section of a highwheel Victor front forks ...my email to exchange some photos thanks , , we ride the LowLife ,LowTide , cocoa beach /cape canaveral, rides now and then , and there are a few shows coming up , thanks walter branche

Walter, it was great talking w/ you last night, thanks for the above insight.

Shawn I have not found any literature yet. I think the archives to the wheelman have been removed, so there's limited information on that site at this time. I'm gonna post on their site to see if someone has knowledge of printed information on this.

I'd love to see you ride this one, the tire still hold air.

Maybe someone at the Overman Wheel Co did a one off? I have what appears to me a clown/vaudeville type of costume that was just a few feet away from the uni? I was told it was tied to the Elliot Hickory and came w/ the bike but maybe not? The mystery continues...

Mike

Last edited:
I think its historically significant and glad you found and shared it.
Chris
Thanks Chris, it's also very clean little machine. I will clean/detail it further this weekend and update the pictures. How the heck can it be displayed it falls over on any bike stand I own, Maybe from the ceiling or hang it on a wall, hmmm, more wall art.

Mike

Thanks Chris, it's also very clean little machine. I will clean/detail it further this weekend and update the pictures. How the heck can it be displayed it falls over on any bike stand I own, Maybe from the ceiling or hang it on a wall, hmmm, more wall art.

Mike
Send it south I have a unicycle stand AND I'll ride it! V/r Shawn

Back