When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
Vintage photos! Me on a new 79 Spitfire I bought for my girlfriends birthday and bent the blade fork the first day!, went back to Russell's Schwinn and got a Cardinal red tube fork but she still wasen't happy about her new bike. check my nephew laying on the ground. Then I bought the Torker and didn't bend any more forks.
D3983BC1-4329-4BE3-88D9-C624E294A8D5.jpeg

B955EF8E-B0C1-4DFF-9141-282329F70A56.jpeg
22B513A6-D643-49C4-B7C3-4EDCAE7A81F2.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m new to vintage schwinn bikes......what are the specs and brand on those tires you are using???

Those tires on bike in question are Marked 'Schwinn Stingray' and are; 20" x 2.125, S-2, White Wall knobbies Yet, IDK for sure b/c the larger 26" Cruisers were fitted with Schwinn Knobble Balloons, but were the 20" Cruisers fitted with stingray tires? I've never seen or noticed those stingray tires like that. Cant even find stingray by Schwinn tires on net like em too. Duro's and goodyear yes, but not Schwinn's. >>>> Interesting.

Last edited:
Those tires on bike in question are Marked 'Schwinn Stingray' and are; 20" x 2.125, S-2, White Wall knobbies Yet, IDK for sure b/c the larger 26" Cruisers were fitted with Schwinn Knobble Balloons, but were the 20" Cruisers fitted with stingray tires? I've never seen or noticed those stingray tires like that. Cant even find stingray by Schwinn tires on net like em too. Duro's and goodyear yes, but not Schwinn's. >>>> Interesting.

Do you have any recommendations for a knobby white wall 26 x 2.125?

Do you have any recommendations for a knobby white wall 26 x 2.125?
I just use the cheapo brand Kendra from a guy at local flea market $15 each. depending what you'll do, mine, after 3 years, haven't begun rotting yet. white walls are all good too. Oddly Wally world, local to me, only gets a few around xmas. otherwise e-bay's got plenty and different brands. Most any bike store should especially Schwinn and trek. Original Schwinn knobby balloons can be tough to find @ $50+ ea-100-200 a pair. (EDIT, Schwinn Studded Balloon, I meant vs. knobbie balloons))

Last edited:
I'm not too sure that the Murray or China made Cruisers are allowed in this thread but, it's in awfully nice condition for a an 30+ year old, 'New improved ' (built even cheaper then ever') Murray or China: Schwinn bike.

Oops. I checked the first post and saw the unicrown fork vs blade forks and thought it was ok. My mistake.

Back