When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front drum brake question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ozark Flyer

I live for the CABE
Does someone know the original thickness of the front brake lining on the Phantom front drum brake? I have found some brake lining material but I don't know what I'm trying to replicate. Anyone have a NOS set of shoes on which they could measure the linings?

I have a complete NOS forebrake assembly on my '49 B6 but the shoes seem a bit too large for the drum & they "drag" fairly hard; I've only ridden the bike a few blocks & it's too hard to pedal. Could give you the lining thickness measurement but that could only lead to possibly more problems(?)

I have a complete NOS forebrake assembly on my '49 B6 but the shoes seem a bit too large for the drum & they "drag" fairly hard; I've only ridden the bike a few blocks & it's too hard to pedal. Could give you the lining thickness measurement but that could only lead to possibly more problems(?)

You need to loosen up the axle nut on the brake side, then pull the brake lever to push the shoes out and center the porkchop then re-tighten the axle nut. Should not rub after that unless something is wrong.

Back