When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1917 Wolverine Leather Goods Bicycle

-
Picked up this 1917 Wolverine Leather Goods badged bike. I'm very excited to be the new caretaker of this local piece.
You may recognize it, as it belonged to Dan the bike man.

I'm planning on making it a rider. I'll be on the lookout for a grip like the one shown, to replace the one that's missing. Also an appropriate set of pedals, and a 700c wheelset.
Here's a few pics of how it currently looks.

View attachment 869089

View attachment 869094

View attachment 869095

View attachment 869096

View attachment 869097

View attachment 869098

View attachment 869099

View attachment 869101

View attachment 869105

View attachment 869100
Very cool bike, Wolverine leather goods is on the list of dealers that sold Schwinn bikes at one time. Although I know that's probably not a Schwinn, I think it's pretty cool to see your bike with that badge on it. I saw it in the other form and thought it was pretty cool. I actually talked to him about it. I was wondering if now that you own it, if it's alright if I put it in the book on writing about Schwinn head badges? I would naturally give you credit for the photos. Thank you very much. Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Very cool bike, Wolverine leather goods is on the list of dealers that sold Schwinn bikes at one time. Although I know that's probably not a Schwinn, I think it's pretty cool to see your bike with that badge on it. I saw it in the other form and thought it was pretty cool. I actually talked to him about it. I was wondering if now that you own it, if it's alright if I put it in the book on writing about Schwinn head badges? I would naturally give you credit for the photos. Thank you very much. Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Sure, that would be cool.

It looks like it could be Iver-built to me—same internal lug construction and style of drop outs and rear triangle as well as the crank.

Well I made an odd discovery today. Left side takes a 9/16 pedal, and right side takes 1/2, and it's a one piece crank. Go figure!
Gonna be fun finding matching pedals! May just have to find a different crank.

Well I made an odd discovery today. Left side takes a 9/16 pedal, and right side takes 1/2, and it's a one piece crank. Go figure!
Gonna be fun finding matching pedals! May just have to find a different crank.
That is strange. I wonder if someone fixed a messed up hole, by tapping it out to the next size up?

Back