When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it? 1890's Accentric Dropouts

-
I'm glad I was able to help Jesse identify this bike when he contacted me yesterday. I didn't see this thread or I would have posted my findings.

The ads posted in the thread here don't show this particular model. And I think your forks have been hit as they have a slight bend backwards.

: - > I believe the bike is an 1899 Model 50. The fork crown is the giveaway and you also have the 28 tooth chain ring.

Here's what I think it is: ( again, check your wheelbase but straighten the fork out first )

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

Last edited:
I'm glad I was able to help Jesse identify this bike when he contacted me yesterday. I didn't see this thread or I would have posted my findings.

The ads posted in the thread here don't show this particular model. And I think your forks have been hit as they have a slight bend backwards.

: - > I believe the bike is an 1899 Model 50. The fork crown is the giveaway and you also have the 28 tooth chain ring.

Here's what I think it is: ( again, check your wheelbase but straighten the fork out first )

Thanks Bill!

That sure looks like it. I'll measure it up when I get a chance. Yes it's been wrecked, the frame has a crude repair to the top tube and there are some issues with the stays too. It needs some serious TLC that is beyond my abilities. If I decide to build it, I'll have to learn how, or find somebody.

Looks like the wheelbase measures 43" with the bent fork, so probably a good guess that it'd be 44" when fixed. Also, the height is 24". If I build this, I've got a rare 40 spoke hub and rim to find! D'oh!

@corbettclassics do you happen to have the features/options pages from that 1899 Eagle catalog to share?

Back