When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome to the tricycle forum

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you so much! I saved this tricycle from my great-uncle's estate auction. I am hoping somebody can help identify it for me and advise me what to do with the pedal and general care. I have no idea if it is valuable, beyond the sentimental gem it is to my heartstrings.
View attachment 683339 View attachment 683341 View attachment 683340

View attachment 683342

View attachment 683343

Welcome to the Cabe! Love those last two pics. Wide open country. Hard to see in pics but there should be rods going through those pedal blocks. They may be threaded on the ends. Find some rusty old nuts that fit. Good to go. If not one of those slotted circular washer that you push over a rod with out threads. It's priceless cause of family connections. Looks great where it is. Enjoy!!!

Thank you!!! I’ll have to take a closer picture of rods. I don’t want to hurt anything.

Do you know anything about the tricycle itself?

And we are blessed to live on 18 acres out in the middle of God’s countryside.

Thank you!!! I’ll have to take a closer picture of rods. I don’t want to hurt anything.

Do you know anything about the tricycle itself?

And we are blessed to live on 18 acres out in the middle of God’s countryside.

No I'm sorry I don't know the make. Maybe Murray? It looks well loved..... so probably not worth a whole lot. Hopefully someone knowledgeable about trikes will chime in. It doesn't look like the exotic 30's trikes. Probably from the late 40's or 50's??? It'd look great in a corner or yard art? You could restore it but that may cost more than it's worth. Keep it as is, put it somewhere cool and pay respects to great uncle when you see it. :)

Hi Amber, what you have is a Hedstrom made tricycle, probably dating somewhere in the later 1930s/very early 1940s. The teardrop shaped openings in the rear step plate are a design unique to Hedstrom trikes during that period. Is the Hedstrom name stamped into the rear hubcaps? Looks like something is stamped into the metal in the one photo, but maybe its just a scuff or dent. Hope that helps a little with your research.

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Amber, what you have is a Hedstrom made tricycle, probably dating somewhere in the later 1930s/very early 1940s. The teardrop shaped openings in the rear step plate are a design unique to Hedstrom trikes during that period. Is the Hedstrom name stamped into the rear hubcaps? Looks like something is stamped into the metal in the one photo, but maybe its just a scuff or dent. Hope that helps a little with your research.

Dave

Dave! You're amazing. On the right rear hubcap I can make out a cursive imprint of "rom" so that has to be it! Thank you so much! I will continue my hunt and let you know if I find anything else.

Ha! Right now it's on my front porch. It fits in beautifully with our old farmhouse. I have warned my 5 children if anybody rides it...they may experience trauma caused by their ridiculously sentimental mama. Nothing like displaying a toy and telling your children NOT TO PLAY with it! I have my grandfather's old John Deere pedal tractor that I have given the same warning to my kids as well. It's been fully restored and is gorgeous, but that seems to have made it that much more precious to me! Agh. I'm a sucker for historical personal gems.

I picked up this at a sale a year or so ago ?? Hedstrom?????
IMG_4901 (7).JPG

Back