When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'like new' schwinn cruiser 6 hungarian twins - how do i find a value on them?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Edit: This post doesn't add anything to the conversation, but I can't help myself. Sorry to all...

...A '71 lime green AMC Pacer with a red interior would probably be rare, if not unique, but the market would be very narrow for something like that. V/r Shawn

Agreed, but this lime green and red 1971 beauty is pretty desirable today:

021815-1971-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Sport-Telaio-Rosso.jpg

I posted previously I this conversation and explained that the serial number chart you were referring to ONLY applies to CHICAGO built Schwinn bikes.
And that you're serial numbers would be in a different location on the frame, had they been built in the 60s and 70s.

I'll stand by my original valuation (see post #11). "Hard to find" or even rare does not make something desirable or valuable. A '71 lime green AMC Pacer with a red interior would probably be rare, if not unique, but the market would be very narrow for something like that. V/r Shawn

Actually a 1971 AMC pacer in any color would be extremely rare being AMC didn't start producing the pacer until the 1975 model year. That would be equivalent to finding a 1965 Chevy Monte Carlo, or a 1962 Chevy camaro! ☺ and with the prices of AMCs rapidly climbing I'm sure the '71 pacer would bring some good loot!

NY Times, March '90 article talking about the 14month old relationship with Schwinn and a Hungarian bicycle plant.

NY Times Schwinn-Hungary article

Jason

The relationship was a hell of a lot longer than 14 months. The initial negotiations went on for that amount of time. 1988 thru 1993.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-08-25-9308250042-story.html

And yet, 10 months after Schwinn-Csepel's U.S. parent declared bankruptcy, the five-year-old joint venture keeps churning out bikes.

The relationship was a hell of a lot longer than 14 months. The initial negotiations went on for that amount of time. 1988 thru 1993.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-08-25-9308250042-story.html

And yet, 10 months after Schwinn-Csepel's U.S. parent declared bankruptcy, the five-year-old joint venture keeps churning out bikes.
It's interesting to me that at the end of the article, it says "the reconstituted U.S. Schwinn has contracts to buy Schwinn-Csepel bikes through the end of the year", and the article was published August 1993, so the Scott Group did bring in some Hungarian bikes, if only to finish out pre-existing contracts. You just never know what you can learn reading the CABE!

hi all

should i just post them for sale in detroit clist? $300 for the pair?

again, ty all for your help
life is about helping each other, and i am humbled by you all taking the time to help a stranger

don

I too am sorry but, your wife is mistaken. And your bikes at average might sell for 75 girl and 100 boy. They just don't bring that much. Quality and value of Schwinn's bikes dropped dead in the 80's. Today it's just a name.
It's the graphics, the type of font that was produced in 1993 was completely redone. . whether or not Schwinn's 1993 catalog shows a cruiser 6 is irrelevant.

Here's you wife's satisfaction, [grin]

Two photos from 1991 and 1993 Schwinn catalog. The first is 1993, brand new graphics on bike the exact same as yours. and the second, old style Graphics (fonts) through the mid 80's too early (obviously) 90's,

I.E. GM and GP did NOT own your bikes in 1989. And estimating value @ $300 is likely going to mean, you'll be dusting em off for some time too. [wink]

1993:

1993_Cnsmr_28.jpg

1991:
1992_cc_Recreation_2.jpg

https://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/flschwinn_1991_2000/1992_cc_Recreation_2.html

Last edited:
I had an AMC (Huffy built) Caravan. Lots of guys were trying to tell me it as an AMF. I knew it was an AMC because of the head badge. Anyway, it was really rare but also really undesirable. I finally gave up trying to sell it and gave it to a breast cancer survivor. So, no matter how rare or unique, if there's no market for it, it's not really worth anything. Good luck.
20170522_143624.jpg

Back