When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Packard that I just couldn’t say no to. Tell me all that you know please cabe exports

-

OldsCool

On Training Wheels
Ladies 1949 Schwinn & Company | Packard

It came on fast and after parting with my 1977 Schwinn Stingray I have been suffering withdrawal. I quickly started replacing Miss Redhead with other bikes that remind me of how cool old bike are. Hence why I choose OldsCool as my username.
I’ve accumulated a few that I was able to just slide into position in the garage under the radar of peering eyes. They’re cool but then i saw The Packard. Oh I had to have her...

So after all the petty details I now own a Packard but I really shouldn’t right now. They’ll hopefully be other Packard’s in my future and a men’s bike version even. Meanwhile I have decided after reading 40 or so posts from here. I have schooled myself enough to guess that I have a:

Ladies 1949 Schwinn & Company | Packard with a Bronze Head Badge, Skip Tooth Sprocket, 26” Ballon Tires, New Departure Model D Break, Mesinger Seat, everything appears to be completely original.....

19504BCD-E804-45CA-9ACC-3405489C1D14.jpeg

to a guy who has a really short stretch of Google found education and the fortune of finding thecabe exports :)

Would anyone be willing to tell me something I really need to know or correct what I think I already know? Complete honesty (I searched for forums rules to see if was permitted to ask) would someone tell me what I should try to sell this first Packard of mine for? (i plan to own one for me to ride later) I pulled the trigger fast and now I’m thinking i need to do the responsible thing and after learning more pass it on. I realize I’m asking for your help and it would take time to reply with anything & I’m hoping a few cabe’rs will sheppard me through this phase.

1583ED59-3A43-409F-8194-90D6060F6D6D.jpeg

5FE4B138-3CAA-4860-A64D-7AC0008BD08E.jpeg

EAD17516-BE75-4CAC-B571-A867B6DB644E.jpeg
0FB30156-1B15-45CD-85CE-C8272E3BAC24.png

Last edited:
I’m not sure if I should call the bike a model D just because I found this on the back... and the crank shaft (I think that’s what it’s called) has kinda an extra thing that looks like maybe it’s missing something.

2AE16DD2-7BC9-4F2D-A6F8-E65B5CB29F22.jpeg

79089063-01C0-4B13-B8D0-E7DF48E748CE.jpeg

The rear hub is a New Departure model D nothing to do with Schwinn. I'm not sure about the fenders, originally probably would have been painted and there are screws attaching the braces to the fenders not rivets. I'm not one to part anything, unless it's a hodgepodge. Frame, wheels, crankset, pedals, and badge are original. I really can't tell you how much it's worth. Welcome to thecabe!
Sean

The rear hub is a New Departure model D nothing to do with Schwinn. I'm not sure about the fenders, originally probably would have been painted and there are screws attaching the braces to the fenders not rivets. I'm not one to part anything, unless it's a hodgepodge. Frame, wheels, crankset, pedals, and badge are original. I really can't tell you how much it's worth. Welcome to thecabe!
Sean

Thank you. Looking closely at the fenders and hitting the Google...I appear to have matching B26F fenders which I suppose I will assume they are Wald. Both are simply marked with B26F.
A6B7A8E6-A59E-4514-8810-0F1D42A6F06A.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m gonna say about a ‘49 with very little correct on this bike. The head badge is probably worth more than the rest of the bike V/r Shawn

Wow. Oh my Gosh. Wow. Simply amazing collections you have. I appreciate you taking the time to help out. Thanks Shawn. Wow.

Back