When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free New Lenox Illinois swap

-

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
814597B3-8C78-4390-98C7-B29677DAECDC.jpeg

What if you don't pre-register? How many spaces are available, and how big? Some guys have trailers. Swaps are a hit or miss kind of thing. Lot of bike guys just load up at the last moment and decide to go. Some don't have computers either and are not on facebook. The successful swaps that last for years have three things in common, well advertised, on a date not conflicting with any other bike swap, and most important, a LARGE selling area.

What if you don't pre-register? How many spaces are available, and how big? Some guys have trailers. Swaps are a hit or miss kind of thing. Lot of bike guys just load up at the last moment and decide to go. Some don't have computers either and are not on facebook. The successful swaps that last for years have three things in common, well advertised, on a date not conflicting with any other bike swap, and most important, a LARGE selling area.
The pre-registration is just so I can gauge how many spots I’ll need to mark off, and plenty extra will be available, there’s plenty of room as it’s a large parking lot in an industrial park. There will be plenty of room for trailers vans etc.

Thanks Cooper. That's great. I plan to be there. I have already passed the word. It's hard to believe, but some folks do not have computers., and many who sell at swaps do not go on the Cabe. I myself, only use the internet for the Cabe, and have never sent an E-mail or been on facebook. I heard last night that the Rockford show and swap will be on Nov. 12th. I hope I am correct on that. I recall one new and promising swap that was started . They held it the same Sunday of another well established swap. I went to it later that day at about 1, and I was one of only 4 people to show up. It flopped. Our big Arlington heights show has ended because of lack of parking space. A car wash is supposedly being built on the site. Good luck with your swap!

I’m thinking about bringing some bikes if the weather is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weather forecast for Sunday is dry, very light winds and 33 degrees. That's not bad. Gather up your spare parts to sell or trade and bring a thermos of coffee or hot chocolate. Call your fellow bike pals and remind them about it. Pick up a new winter project, and think "Spring." It will be fun.

Back