When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LuxLow.Com Iver Johnson Bicycle Eye Candy & Bike Nerding

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lux Low

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here are Some of my Favorite Iver Johnson Shots from over the Years. Seems like we are to the End of our Iver Collection and Restorations, Some New Old Rides and Some Long Gone. All of our Lux Low Ivers can be found here in Detail. The ones for sale are first and then once sold they are filed by date ( so the oldest at the end.) Enjoy, some Bike Nerding for ya :)
Badges Through The Years.
badges.jpg

1898 Iver
bi98iver4.jpg

Iver Johnson Hanger and Crank Differences over the years.
iverhangers.jpg

Miss These Ballooners
bi41ivermb9ec.jpg
bi41iverstlimo6ec.jpg

1910 Suspension Iver
biijtrusssup3ec.jpg

1899 Hanger
biiver98la8ec.jpg

Some Recentently Finished Bicycles
bi1927iverspecialracer-0037sm.jpg
biivertruss27blk-9746sm.jpg
bi1908iverdfsperoad-0258sm.jpg

Extensive Lux Low Iver Johnson Galleries and Info can Be Found Here :)

biijtrusssup3ec.jpg

What happened to that crank nut on the 1899?

Interesting split-truss fork and frame design on that blue ballooner. Would love to see more pics of that one.

What are the differences between the later badges—some are silver, some gold, some have black lettering, others white? My 1911/12 truss racer is aged natural copper.

What happened to that crank nut on the 1899?
Someone before me chewed on it, it's a square robertson drive used on early fords. It appears on a few TOC bikes and prove to be a hassle unless your willing to make tools for the job. The Challenges of TOC work :)

Interesting split-truss fork and frame design on that blue ballooner. Would love to see more pics of that one.
That's Ivers Truss System, all the Truss ivers I have had have the single top bolt.

Truss on a WooD Wheel
biij20mbeb5ec.jpg

Here's The Link to the Streamline Truss Ballooner

What are the differences between the later badges—some are silver, some gold, some have black lettering, others white? My 1911/12 truss racer is aged natural copper.
I Do not know the Differences in the color of lettering, The middle one is the first traditional Version with V writing at the bottom, used early. The 4th one is a Good Natural Gold Badge. The 5 is the Gold badged that required polishing to bring it out hence the color change. The Gold ones were used on some of the top of the line bikes like Superior Truss and the Special Racer (pretty sure catalogs note the Gold badge use). I am unaware of actual copper badges, do you mean brass? Note: I haven't seen everything by any means. Copper is used as a middle layer in plating, I had a copper badge once and when removed the back was nickel, so the nickel had worn from the front and even under the copper it was brass.

It's aged like an old penny, but I just took a closer look and what I thought was remnant of polish in the small spaces between the narrow raised design may be nickel. If it is, someone must have polished the badge too much as the nickel on the head tube is in pretty decent shape. Who knows?—it's about 106-7 years old so nearly anything could have happened to it. This is from when I bought it:

1541012249968.png

Back