When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a line on a rideable Raleigh model s all steel 1910 in same family since brought over from ireland

-
There is good reason for an US bike collector to think that many euro bikes are TOC and it's because USA moved on from those types of brakes and frames while most of Europe , the orient and who knows where made em into the 60's and as I recall seeing even very similar styles like US TOC bikes made in Holland or such these days. .

21FD3D4D-6317-4A1F-938F-CC0FF93846E9.jpeg

It's really a nice bike but it's just kinda weird looking at the geometry of some of those old frames.

Of course, I'm addicted to cantilevers.

In 1970 I rebuilt my Columbia Sturmey Archer 3 speed, I remember those loose bearings. Thanks for the reminder!
These are a bit more work to get in good rideable condition. they didn't use caged bearings yet, so when you take this thing apart, be sure to have a large catch container under it, or you'll be crawling around on the floor trying to find all the little balls. I did an early Gazelle once, and that's what I learned. Cool old bike. It will make a nice rider if you're on the taller side.

Full chain case not missing the rear 1/4 piece. for $100 good deal if you like the bike.

Sam
So you are saying the chain case is complete, usually the rear 1/4 Piece is missing?
Correct, The complete chain case is to English bikes what a tank is to American bikes. There are several pieces to the case and lots of times the rear quarter or the pie pan are missing . On the age of a family bike often the kids remember an older bike that was replaced. I got a bike from a friend it was suppose to be a 1939 brought to N.Z. by an old timer---SS# showed it to be a 1953 with 1939 hub. At some time in it's life the bike was up graded with a newer frame. I still got a great deal.My point is even though they may not be correct on the age does not mean it's a bad deal. This bike looks to have a lot going for it.

Thanks! Will no doubt be posting for help as I start working on the Raleigh. My first ‘old’ bike!

Correct, The complete chain case is to English bikes what a tank is to American bikes. There are several pieces to the case and lots of times the rear quarter or the pie pan are missing . On the age of a family bike often the kids remember an older bike that was replaced. I got a bike from a friend it was suppose to be a 1939 brought to N.Z. by an old timer---SS# showed it to be a 1953 with 1939 hub. At some time in it's life the bike was up graded with a newer frame. I still got a great deal.My point is even though they may not be correct on the age does not mean it's a bad deal. This bike looks to have a lot going for it.

That chaincase is missing the little sliding door that goes up front, at the chain ring.

Back