When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Bicycle Licenses

-
20181121_173412.jpg

20181121_173433.jpg

I found this plate at a flea market for $5 when I was on holidays in America. Does anyone know how I can stop the paint from flaking off?

IMG_1980.jpg

Wow!
That's a nice one, Shawn.
I had been trying to find a 1918 bicycle plate for the Harley, and didn't have much luck.
The early plates from the teens are pretty scarce.
I did find this 1918 from the Territory of Hawaii, which I was pretty excited about, but I don't know how many Harley Davidson Motorcykes you're expected to find rolling the roads of Hawaii in 1918. Lol!
image.jpeg

Wow!
That's a nice one, Shawn.
I had been trying to find a 1918 bicycle plate for the Harley, and didn't have much luck.
The early plates from the teens are pretty scarce.
I did find this 1918 from the Territory of Hawaii, which I was pretty excited about, but I don't know how many Harley Davidson Motorcykes you're expected to find rolling the roads of Hawaii in 1918. Lol!View attachment 907021
You would probably be surprised! Yea I lucked out when Buck offered this one. My Flying Merkel was found in PA so this worked great! V/r Shawn

I've always been under the impression, that 1935 was the first year for the Los Angeles Bicycle License.
I've seen quite a few 35 issue plates, but I've never seen a 34 issue.
So, when I came across this picture, I was surprised to see those 34 issue LABL plates.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They are a larger format than the typical Los Angeles plate from the period.
Have any of you plate collectors ever come across a 1934 issue Los Angeles Bicycle License?
If so, and you're thinking about getting rid of it, give me a ring.
I'm interested!

Back