When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Sportsman year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

s1b

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi everyone, I just picked up the Sportsman. I'm really not interested in value being it's a huffy but would like to try to figure out to here. How do you do that on these?

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Looks early to mid seventies. Is that a BMA/6 Certified sticker on the seat tube? That's a seventies thing. I had an earlier Huffy Sportsman with an "English Built" sticker on it from 1964, a Raleigh built bike, beautifully made. This bike is newer.

Looks early to mid seventies. Is that a BMA/6 Certified sticker on the seat tube? That's a seventies thing. I had an earlier Huffy Sportsman with an "English Built" sticker on it from 1964, a Raleigh built bike, beautifully made. This bike is newer.
It is a BMA/6 sticker.
I figured mid 70s but was sure. Rides nice.

-----

Appears someone decided to change pedals.

Is front hub Wald?

Dating: evidently pre-CPSC.

Does anyone know the launch year for these "mag" pattern chainwheels?

-----

Last edited:
Looks like a grip shifting Shimano 333 rear hub. Can just make out the circular gear indicator off of the cable attachment mechanism on the rear axel.
Edit: I believe that mechanism is a bell crank that spins on to the axle

Last edited:
Looks like a grip shifting Shimano 333 rear hub. Can just make out the circular gear indicator off of the cable attachment mechanism on the rear axel.
Edit: I believe that mechanism is a bell crank that spins on to the axle
Rear hub

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

Back