When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manton & Smith bike

-

Vintage Rod

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm not a collector, but I found this site while researching a bike I recently purchased. I must say . . . this site is a fabulous resource!

The bike is a Manton & Smith. I'm needing some parts and hoped this would be the place to make some connections. Here's what I'm after:
1) dark blue rear rack (I attached a pic from a recent post on here showing the style)
2) headlight (I'm good with anything that is period correct and in original condition)
3) front wheel (the one I have is chrome. I want to match the rear as seen in the pics)
4) tires (these are practically new. I'd rather have a matched pair of originals)

I really like the "survivor" look, so parts with a little wear and tear work better for me.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2.jpg

3.jpg

badge.jpg

rack.jpeg

I have a rack like that if you want it reg. $50 shipped but it's not blue, so $40 to you. way better shape than that one too.

I have a rack like that if you want it reg. $50 shipped but it's not blue, so $40 to you. way better shape than that one too.
Thanks for letting me know. I would like to see a pic if that's possible. I will probably hold out for blue for a little while, but I know that's a long shot. I may well be interested.

As I’m looking around, I’m noticing that my version of the rack attaches right to the fender and does not have the brackets that go down to the wheel center. Will this be harder to track down?

That is a great project you have. Love the Manton & Smith bikes. I think if you find a rack you like you can just take the legs off and make a bracket to attach it to the fender. @scrubbinrims has a white one that would match the patina look you want. Can you post a closer picture of the wheel you eant to match please? If you are looking to make this one a rider I would order a set of new Chain Treads for it here on the cabe.

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm not a collector, but I found this site while researching a bike I recently purchased. I must say . . . this site is a fabulous resource!

The bike is a Manton & Smith. I'm needing some parts and hoped this would be the place to make some connections. Here's what I'm after:
1) dark blue rear rack (I attached a pic from a recent post on here showing the style)
2) headlight (I'm good with anything that is period correct and in original condition)
3) front wheel (the one I have is chrome. I want to match the rear as seen in the pics)
4) tires (these are practically new. I'd rather have a matched pair of originals)

I really like the "survivor" look, so parts with a little wear and tear work better for me.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

View attachment 913109

View attachment 913110

View attachment 913111

View attachment 913112

That rack looks later ,do you mind sharing a pic with the tank off . Really Cool bike .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like this one only yours got locking fork . Do you have the key ? Manton &Smith /CW
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back