When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manton & Smith bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That is a great project you have. Love the Manton & Smith bikes. I think if you find a rack you like you can just take the legs off and make a bracket to attach it to the fender. @scrubbinrims has a white one that would match the patina look you want. Can you post a closer picture of the wheel you eant to match please? If you are looking to make this one a rider I would order a set of new Chain Treads for it here on the cabe.
I’m open to white, as long as it’s yellowed like the white on the bike. I’m attaching a pic of the wheel I want to match. It sort of looks like galvanized metal the way the rust appears. Has never had paint, and I can’t imagine it ever being chrome.

Besides loving the bike for what it is, it also has a cool story. On the seat tube is a Harley Davidson dealer sticker from the 40’s. The story is that the bike was used as a rental/loaner at the dealership. Now I know they could have put them on every bike they sold, as they did sell bicycles. It just seems to me that they wouldn’t use HD stickers on every bicycle. Either way, I’m researching and found the shop owner and old photos. He was a well known hillclimber, riding Harley’s, in the thirties and early forties. I’ll attach a couple pics I found. I love a good story, ands it’s even more reason to keep it original.

The bike came from a collector of early motorcycles here in Kansas.

C30DDE38-8B33-4380-B7F4-1FFE38E6C682.jpeg

3A8E6FCE-FE96-4098-AD6D-3E1F7A91C562.jpeg

68D4C43D-FE6B-4497-904F-DF902A56C4BC.jpeg

45B252D4-8153-494B-8E63-4FF5491897F5.jpeg

Do you have any more parts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don’t have any parts, but I did get a couple late 50s early 60s Evans bikes in the deal. I don’t think they’re anything special. Oh, and I do have a Schwinn Lil’ Tiger Stingray. That’s the extent of my biking at the moment.

I remembered a light that I got years ago, so I dug it out to see if it would work on this m&s bike. The color compliments the wheel finish nicely. Problem is, the mount on the light has one big shaft, but the fender has the two smaller holes. There is a blue light on here listed by @scrubbinrims that looks to have the correct mount, but its a little more than I want to spend right now. So here are the options I thinking through:

1) alter my light to fit fender.
2) drill fender to accept light. (Not wild about this)
3) sell/trade my light and try to buy the one from @scrubbinrims. I included a pic from scrubbinrims listing for reference. I also need to know what kind of value my light has so I know how it compares to the one for sale.

I truly appreciate your thoughts/advice.

5C793925-2058-454F-A9B3-85A415299B21.jpeg

B887FB90-DEDE-471C-8A92-227218387312.jpeg

5F7EC235-AA2A-485B-AA73-93930C97D6A8.jpeg

Good evening, all. Well, I'm making some progress. I bought a headlight from Nickinator on ebay, and some old whitewalls from Nashman which I should have in the next few days. I'm still needing a rack and some grips. I'm attaching pics of the two styles of rack that would be correct. Blue original paint is obviously preferred, but I'm open.

rack.jpeg

rack2.jpeg

Back