When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Bluebird gets its wings

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I spent about five hours on this thing today freeing the horn, getting the switches to work, and wiring it up. Reminded me a lot of the game "Operation". Tight space to work and tough to see what is going on but I got both the headlight, speedo light, and horn working. A big thanks to @39zep for blazing the trail on this and providing me the schematics. I also took his advice and provided an extra ground for the headlight. Had to take it apart three times to chase gremlins including a headlight bulb that quit on me! @Oldbikes @Robertriley V/r Shawn

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Outstanding job, and great looking bike.
It has been my experience ,that is never a real success in a electrical project unless you do take it apart about three or more times. Dropping a small screw or nut on the floor and have it hide from you for about 5 minutes adds to the joy. Sometimes yelling out the "F Bomb" doesn't quite express the happiness of the moment

Hope my girl doesn't see this. Otherwise I'll have to tear into the Skylark...Thanks guys!:unamused:

Skylarks are way easier--everything is just setting in the tray. I'm lucky I could get the switches working without tearing them apart. V/r Shawn

Back