When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To part out, or not? Hawthorne. Maybe give it a gender change?

-

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
I know there's a contingent of people that think it's a sin to part out a bike but I have this nice old ladies bike that is nice original paint and it is very difficult find someone that wants to buy it. So I got to thinking it would probably bring as much money and be easier to ship if I sold it in pieces. Maybe find a boys frame and add the matching tank? Any thoughts?
20190112_120116.jpg

I think someone may have touched up the fender tips, but the red comes to life with some rubbing compound. It has nice peaked fenders and chainguard.

It's not a sin to part it out, but I do hate to see the ladies bikes get parted out because they need a new home. If you decide to part it out to get the money to purchase a men's bike, I am interested in the handlebars, pedals, and the chain and adjusters.

The tank will likely work on some Shelbys, sell it to somebody here who has been wanting one, I had to go to Australia for mine.

If you really want to reassign the gender, ask TRM.

Otherwise, find a lady and leave her happier.

Back