When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you are dearly departed, what happens to your bike stuff?

-
Saving stuff is fun but I pity the poor soles that have to deal with it. Being around the antique business...I’ve seen more problems to family members with hoarders/savers. Family Fights, court problems, fake wills (yes fake wills) City problems and Probate( the worst)...It brings more misery to family members and lots of money to lawyers.. I myself fall into the saver category and I will have to deal with it....so I’m selling (no kids)and what’s left is going to humane society...

not so much bike stuff with me but lots of other good old stuff. no one in my family is smart enough to use ebay. so I am sure it will be sold for pennies on the dollar to someone who will make a giant profit with many hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of stuff thrown out.

my brother and I both buy and sell. he sells stuff without even looking it up, he has some sort of force field that blocks him from using the computer. he could buy a $10,000 bike somewhere for 50 bucks and just sell it for $200.00 without even bothering to look it up. once when I was out for a visit he had a Shell oil sign and some 40's California license plates he was going to sell them for 25 bucks for the plates and 25 bucks for the sign, I brought them home and got over $500.00 on ebay. ha-ha, then I took his $500.00 and bought a 1960 El Camino that I resold for $1400.00.. he had to wait a month for his money.

my toy collection alone would bring $5,000 as a lot and probably $7500.00 or more sold individually. 30 years of collecting. they could look them all up on ebay but I am sure no one will.

Cool idea, but I'm thinking a huge fire. Sort of a Viking biking send off.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...-harley-davidson-motorcycle-article-1.1598403
dead.jpg

If I die rich, I'd have a plot reserved beside mine for my commuter.

I love that thing.

If not, goes to my brother.

He can sell all my other bikes but somebody's gotta keep Black Betty alive.

They will go to my LBS to be given to him and his wife and kids and one for his father, the former LBS owner.

Might take a few years for his kids to be over 5 feet tall.

Well, that ain't a-gonna happen, he's closing up on May 25th. I guess I'll send them to the Smithsonian and burden the US government.

Mine will go to my son. I tend to give him most things that I build while I’m still alive anyway. That way they aren’t mine to sell, but they’re still in the stable.

I get rid of my bikes as quickly I can. I do wish I was a better salesman. I have 4 bikes that will go to my 4 grandchildren, and one rat bike that I ride. I like to restore, no collect.

Back