When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a Schwinn Varsity with the serial number on the head tube and the four digit number on the head badge which is the correct one to reference?

The serial number on the head tube indicates when that tube part was stamped before it was even welded into the frame. The headbadge number indicates the day the bike was built. The badge number is the most important one when dating a '76 or later Schwinn (that is when they began stamping the badges).

I have an old Schwinn chrome-moly from late 60s early70s. There are two sets of numbers under crank, not sure which is serial number. Included head badge because I believe t to be a clue in bikes history. Bike was not painted, but chrome plated.
20190107_143306.jpg

20190107_143312.jpg

20190107_145529.jpg

I have an old Schwinn chrome-moly from late 60s early70s. There are two sets of numbers under crank, not sure which is serial number. Included head badge because I believe t to be a clue in bikes history. Bike was not painted, but chrome plated.View attachment 934869

View attachment 934870

View attachment 934871

Another serial number reference.
http://re-cycle.com/History/Schwinn/SwnB_Serial.aspx

With the assumed SN, I'd guess March 1982.
http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1981_1990/1982_13.html

I have an old Schwinn chrome-moly from late 60s early70s. There are two sets of numbers under crank, not sure which is serial number. Included head badge because I believe t to be a clue in bikes history. Bike was not painted, but chrome plated.

It's a 1972 World Voyageur made for Schwinn by Panasonic. The 2C0574 number is the serial, indicating that it was the 574th frame built in March 1972, which incidentally I believe was the very first month of production. It was originally painted either Kool Orange or Kool Lemon (later in '73 Opaque Blue was added). The World Voyageur was produced only in '72 and '73 and then was renamed as the Voyageur II for '74-'76. The frames on these bikes were fully chromed before painting, however they were only polished around the lugs and fork ends as those were the only chrome areas visible. Unfortunately the fact that there was rough chrome under the paint made it easily chip or otherwise come off, and when the paint became rough some removed it entirely as in your case. The World models didn't appear in the Schwinn catalogs but here was the spec. sheet for the World Voyageur in '73:

73dlsbv1b.jpg

73dlsbv2b.jpg

Here is a review that appeared in the May '73 Bicycling Magazine:

main.php?g2_view=core.jpg

main.php?g2_view=core.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve read through this thread, still wondering where this World Motobike might fit. Serial No = F10849.
Some of the previous posts tend to indicate 1935 frame?
95096d0773ba76a80cf328a2755c71da.jpg

3076f0d69c5d2e42d6a9052c14c3f90c.jpg

4a4dc797b28ded49c2b94f9e1ce7be1b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mazdaflyer said:
I’ve read through this thread, still wondering where this World Motobike might fit. Serial No = F10849.
Some of the previous posts tend to indicate 1935 frame?

Interesting find as yours has serial number starting with F +five digits.
My B10 frame is similarly stamped but with F +four digits.
Serial No = F8816

Schwinn_B10_Serial.jpg

Schwinn_1936_B10_1200px.jpg

Interesting find as yours has serial number starting with F +five digits.
My B10 frame is similarly stamped but with F +four digits.
Serial No = F8816

View attachment 956187
View attachment 956188
Thanks for the response.!
Look like they could be brothers, similar paint. I’d like to see a shot of your chain guard and stem.
So what year do you think yours is?
And what rear hub does yours have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back