When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coppertone Collegiate

-
So the guy I got the bike from found the original paperwork from when his father in law bought the bike in 66, pretty neat!

99EFE35A-60CE-45E9-99B9-50C694494C05.jpeg

174F0E52-2125-43B3-9396-17497BF3D213.jpeg

-----

Wonderful colour and condition.

Beautiful job; thanks so much for posting! ;)

Seeing the top tube shift lever mount made me wonder if I could recall the first year for the Schwinn Approved Huret stem shifters. Am thinking it was ~1969, but the experts will know for sure...

You might wish to keep an eye out for the no-slide support for the Pletscher mount so it can't slip and mess up that wonderful paint.

-----

-----

Wonderful colour and condition.

Beautiful job; thanks so much for posting! ;)

Seeing the top tube shift lever mount made me wonder if I could recall the first year for the Schwinn Approved Huret stem shifters. Am thinking it was ~1969, but the experts will know for sure...

You might wish to keep an eye out for the no-slide support for the Pletscher mount so it can't slip and mess up that wonderful paint.

-----
Thanks! I’m way ahead of ya, I put the no slide support on it already.

-----

-----

Edit: oops didnt see the response with the answer already posted.

-----

Minor mechanicing tip -

The drums on these older Huret shift levers are slightly smaller than everyone else's.

When you mix them with non-Huret mechs it can take somewhat more lever travel to effect a shift.

After you have had an opportunity to use the machine a bit shift it onto to small cog and take up any slack there may be in the cable.

Otherwise you may have to have the lever back parallel with the top tube to get the chain onto the large cog.

Huret went to a normal size drum beginning with the launch of the Jubile gear ensemble in 1973.

Ensembles such as Club, Challenger & Eco have the normal size drum.

Thanks again for sharing this mount! ;)

----

Back