When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot ID

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need help with the model and year. I’ve searched through the Peugeot catalogs and come up empty. The owner doesn’t have any idea. It has chrome so I know it’s not a cheap one.

2edc28e06861da2d90eee611929fb2ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike boom bikes in great shape (ignored but well stored) are not uncommon - $200 +/-
that is the top-line sport/touring bike - the racier U10 has a wider market
A buddy paid $125 for perfect early 80s Miyata-built Univega.

it's still wearing all the kind of stuff the rest of us would have stripped off with heavy riding.
whHErY8.jpg

a great frame with 40 years and 40,000 mi (and 3 complete rebuilds)
sLindxx.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going back and forth. I love the color but the last Peugeot i worked on, an ‘85 P-something was a chore to find tools and parts for. I promised myself I’d never work on another Peugeot. But...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike boom bikes in great shape (ignored but well stored) are not uncommon - $200 +/-
that is the top-line sport/touring bike - the racier U10 has a wider market
A buddy paid $125 for perfect early 80s Miyata-built Univega.

it's still wearing all the kind of stuff the rest of us would have stripped off with heavy riding.
View attachment 940807
a great frame with 40 years and 40,000 mi (and 3 complete rebuilds)
View attachment 940808

___

Ron,

we gotta 'member that @twinflight be the same laddie who extracted two hundred simolianis from a P6!

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/80s-ish-peugeot-what-model-and-year.132895/

he may get a mortage payment outta this wheel! :smiley:

very nice find BTW.

-----

personally, I would prefer the older bike - however, late-80s should get you to all ISO, (also SunTour) and the older bike will be French, the 85 worse - a mix of French and ISO.
The mid-80s are not at all uncommon - show up at every Frankenbike here, but I like the older paint schemes better.

there's also something special in the ride of older French bikes - they put the low-trail in the fork offset, making it springy, and lighter frame tubing than e.g. Raleigh would use.
That's also a pretty cool Stronglight crank

this is a higher-grade bike, Tad's 21-lb '72 Follis, and I think he sold it, but the ride was so amazing he had to let everyone ride it
EcR4Swd.jpg

Last edited:
I got the seller to come down to $160. Would I be crazy to walk away? Seems like a slim margin for resale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back