When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We need another show to Happen in Massachusetts suggestions please.

-
In the works now is a Swap in Westfield MA (the home of Pope Manufacturing -Columbia Bicycles) the 350th anniversary of the city.. The date available to us is May 12th and this year that day is Mother's day. I suspect we would loose 1/2 the vendors to Family responsibilities. We have NOT pulled the trigger yet because to make a misstep on the first date of a yearly event presents an uphill battle in the coming years.

I think one day swaps need to be on a Sunday to accommodate the high percentage of shop owners needing to work Saturday. This will be tied into a city wide celebration, but that will not help if the swap starts at dawn and is dead at 11am... when the public is getting out if church.

HELP
Suggestions??

Jim 860 670 4501

Planning NEW LONDON CT (JCT of I-95 and I-395) swap for September 1 or 8th or 15th. Comments???
In the works now is a Swap in Westfield MA (the home of Pope Manufacturing -Columbia Bicycles) the 350th anniversary of the city.. The date available to us is May 12th and this year that day is Mother's day. I suspect we would loose 1/2 the vendors to Family responsibilities. We have NOT pulled the trigger yet because to make a misstep on the first date of a yearly event presents an uphill battle in the coming years.

I think one day swaps need to be on a Sunday to accommodate the high percentage of shop owners needing to work Saturday. This will be tied into a city wide celebration, but that will not help if the swap starts at dawn and is dead at 11am... when the public is getting out if church.

HELP
Suggestions??

Jim 860 670 4501

Planning NEW LONDON CT (JCT of I-95 and I-395) swap for September 1 or 8th or 15th. Comments???
Thank you Jim keep us posted, it's about an hour and ten minutes from Farmington

TANKSALOT,
YOU WANT TO START ANOTHER SWAP MEET OR SHOW?
YOU CAN DO IT! TAKES A LOT OF WORK, BUT IT HAS BEEN DONE.
I DID WITH ROBIN BRIDGES ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS
YOUNG AND NAIVE, BUT WE DID IT IN METRO CHICAGO!
START LOOKING FOR A SITE IN YOUR HOME TOWN AND GET
A PARTNER TO HELP.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! EVEN STARTED A SWAP MEET OUT OF MY GARAGE
IN THOSE DAYS WITH ANOTHER COLLECTOR, WHO HAS SINCE PASSED.

Time for a bump. We used to have a lot of bicycle shows in Massachusetts .
If anyone has a venue please chime in there must be others that feel the need for bike shows in Massachusetts .
We went from 9 shows a year average to 1 in Massachusetts !!!
In the mean time Ill keep my eyes open for a venue please help by doing the same.

Last edited:
The "Fitchburg Rides" bicycle swap will absolutely be on this year once again. We had our best year so far in 2018 with our new spacious and easy to access area. Also always a FREE EVENT for vendors...........................As an added bonus, you can take in the Iver Johnson bike show at the Fitchburg Historical Society. Pete in Fitchburg
When is the next show?

My Mother lives in Springfield Mass. I would be stoked to plan my summer vacation around a show or swap in Mass..

No Jim Huntington show that I'm aware of . But I would like to see one.
I did hear Bike Mike looks like he will have a spring show at his new place.

Back