When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought a 1981 Lotus Eclair...

-
I took this bike out for its first decent ride only yesterday, as temps hit 60 degrees here on Long Island! Boy, does this thing ride nicely. And apparently the tires had only been replaced recently, as all the nubs on the treds were still there.

Hard to believe I bought this back in May and only took it out now. Shows I have way to many bikes to pick from for a ride, lol...

Oh, and it's wearing a Specialized Body Geometry saddle. :)

I would put a Brooks on it, but the Kashimax was pretty cool

I use a bunch of Specialized saddles, different models, on my main rides. And I put the Kashimax awau for now. I do have a nice, new Brooks saddle...a few, actually, that I might consider using. Bike is as close to mint as I'll ever find, so good suggestion! :smile:

I use a bunch of Specialized saddles, different models, on my main rides. And I put the Kashimax awau for now. I do have a nice, new Brooks saddle...a few, actually, that I might consider using. Bike is as close to mint as I'll ever find, so good suggestion! :smile:
I know a lot of folks who like Specialized saddles - we covered it once on a long saddle thread.
My daughter went through Brooks, Specialized, and found her saddle in Fabric Radius

ps - they go nuts for Kashimax saddles on ebay

Last edited:
I know a lot of folks who like Specialized saddles - we covered it once on a long saddle thread.
My daughter went through Brooks, Specialized, and found her saddle in Fabric Radius

ps - they go nuts for Kashimax saddles on ebay

Those prices are off the charts on quite a few. I had no idea they were that high!

I had taken the saddle and placed it in its own box for now, deciding what to do with it. At some point if I ever let the bike go, the saddle won't be going with it. And I still don't understand why they put a brown one on instead of black, considering the bike is silver with red accents. :rolleyes:

Back