When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas of tank emblem paint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hey y’all...I am undecided on which way to paint these re-chromed tank emblems and I am hoping to get a consensus. Bare chrome on a virtually bare metal rat rod doesn’t look good. I want them to POP.

So, here’s my ideas, for both the “Huffy” script and the “H” symbol.

- Black border OR black background and leave the letters chrome

- The “H” symbol could be all chrome as is, with a black border. Or, chrome background and black symbol. Or, a combo of black, red, or white with chrome or black background

Let me hear your thoughts and opinions. I likely can only paint once.

6A41855B-6C6B-4062-88BA-A0E1E8F7DD12.jpeg

This is an old photo, minor changes have been made to the bike since:

281E0B9C-55FD-4954-80DF-818C5ED3BBE2.jpeg

And if you decide you want to really make it pop, go with a red background and I have a nearly spotless red/white seat exactly like your black one. I basically have Huffy parts by the truck load. I'm not kidding, lol. I'd swap you the red for the black.

I would take a picture of your emblem straight on.
Send that picture to your "paint" app on your computer. You can play with it awhile amd should get a idea of what looks best.

Why is that? Experiment and then remove the paint with oven cleaner, solvent or paint stripper if the painted result isn't to your liking.

What I would do is get some colored transparent plastic pellets, fill the recessed area and bake it in the oven. Then paint the top face of the # and Huffy with color of choice.

Artsy Fartsy, and I made these with my Daughter when she was a tiny kid. Piece of cake, and it would look awesome in the recessed area.

1549829289784.png

Why is that? Experiment and then remove the paint with oven cleaner, solvent or paint stripper if the painted result isn't to your liking.

What I would do is get some colored transparent plastic pellets, fill the recessed area and bake it in the oven. Then paint the top face of the # and Huffy with color of choice.

Artsy Fartsy, and I made these with my Daughter when she was a tiny kid. Piece of cake, and it would look awesome in the recessed area.

View attachment 946782

The emblems are plastic, and had been vacuum metalized, and already JB Welded to the tank. I don’t think the chrome or plastic would survive solvents too well

Back