When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Armstrong Moth Professional, 1959

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've seen a couple of those Moth Professionals, in photos only. They appear to be really nice hand made frames from right around 1960, just when the Armstrong factory was about to close and the brand name transferred to Raleigh. I don't know anything about what was going on-- only the obvious: these were really nice frames made around 1960, and the factory closed less than a year later. Something tells me there's a story there.

I have an earlier Moth, I'm told around 1950. I only got the frame and fork, so the parts on this are my best guess at what's right. Disregard the extra pump... and the new shifter.

41898582015_5640cf20c2_b.jpg

42082057254_d36d36e570_b.jpg

Yes, good eye! The new S/A bar shifter is, in my opinion, the best shifter they've ever made for the AW hub. And I like bar end shifters anyway... so it was a no-brainer.

I like them too. What is the cost?

Hello DHM,
I have just acquired a Moth. It has the same frame as yours. Same lugs, same pencil stays and, interestingly, exactly the same chain ring and cranks.
Can I ask you whether the Armstrong decal on yours is original. If it’s new, where can I find one? (My Moth has been refurbished and adapted - you will see the internal cable guides and a modern Armstrong sticker. I prefer your decal).
Also, I’d like to run modern dynamo lights on mine, like you have done. Any advice would be welcome.
AD824B1A-A553-4B14-B5CE-5F1A62175405.jpeg

Thank you.

Hello DHM,
I have just acquired a Moth. It has the same frame as yours. Same lugs, same pencil stays and, interestingly, exactly the same chain ring and cranks.
Can I ask you whether the Armstrong decal on yours is original. If it’s new, where can I find one? (My Moth has been refurbished and adapted - you will see the internal cable guides and a modern Armstrong sticker. I prefer your decal).
Also, I’d like to run modern dynamo lights on mine, like you have done. Any advice would be welcome.
View attachment 1010722
Thank you.
Hi, i have attached photos of my Armstrong Continental which i have just finished restoring, it was Armstrong's top frame and could be ordered with cable routeing, the decs on mine are period correct 52/54,

Back