eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1958 Huffy Dealer Catalog Page 1
partsguy

1958 Huffy Dealer Catalog Page 1

This first page showcases some very nice bikes, and a unique option I have never seen before. A "Cole Orchard" 3-speed transmission, with a rocket-ship-inspired gear indicator mounted to the frame. Seems to only be offered on the 1958 Thunderbird.

ALSO NOTE: The ala carte options in this book.
Reactions: Oilit and cds2323
@cds2323 You are welcome! I snapped this up on ebay mere hours after it was posted. These books are quite scarce, putting them online is the best way to ensure the information still exists, should the original copy get damaged or destroyed.

I want a '58 Huffy T-bird now, just for the gear selector and transmission. Sounds really cool!

I've never heard of the Cole-Orchard 3 Speed either. The lever on the handlebar looks similar to the manual Bendix. I wonder if there was any connection?
Thanks for posting these catalogs!

That's the first one I've ever seen even in pictures! It looks more like a Sturmey-Archer than a Bendix, but it's not exactly like either.

That's the first one I've ever seen even in pictures! It looks more like a Sturmey-Archer than a Bendix, but it's not exactly like either.
eBay hub shell looks alloy too, similar to Sturmey machine and polish work. The hub on the rear of the catalog bike looks cast with peening and pockets even. Built in Helix replaces protruding spring, Neat!

Media information

Album
1958 Huffy Dealer Catalog
Added by
partsguy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename