Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Beautiful bike. I'm seeing similarities between your bike and this 2 tone green machine.
Thin stay braces and ovalized chainstay are quite similar. Dropouts, headset, chainring, red oxide primer with 2 tone green paint also close, but of course those alone are not enough to i.d..
At this time I...
Thanks Oilit, I just posted on the CWC serial number page.
I spent a few minutes dusting the bike last night and noticed shiny metal under the a spot of flaking paint on the rear fender. Magnet confirmed steel, but it looks like it could have been chromed before paint?
Here is another CWC bike with a mysterious pre vs post war serial number. It is a Hawthorne Lite Wate and very original.
Link to CABE page: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/hawthorne-lite-wate.160936/
Serial number "J05626".
Thank you for the excellent information. I'm still scratching my head about pre vs post war, either way it is a very nice original bike and I plan to start a gentle rebuild very soon, which I will post photos of.
Hello. Just excited to share a really interesting and original Wards "Lite Wate" bike I recently acquired. This is a CWC made bike.
Overall the bike is in amazing original condition, though I think it originally had a 2sp ND rear hub, different grips, and the saddle is just there until I find a...
Really cool bike, and very similar to my lovely two tone green teens roadster:
The fork rake, fillet brazing, chainstays, and small diameter stay braces are all the same to my eye. I've done a fair bit of research on my bike and I...
I suspect the bike for sale in this thread is from the same manufacturer.
BTW, i'm the current owner of the red mystery bike. The steerer tube has quite a bend so I suspect the curved forks were damaged in a front collision.
I had the same issue with my SK seatpost.
I started by soaking it forever, and it still wouldn't budge. I finally resorted to cutting the very top of the post off, then using a hacksaw blade carefully cut the seatpost from the inside working outward. It was slow going but worked like a charm.