When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WD-40. Can't empty the whole can

-
Has anyone else had problems emptying a can of WD-40 lately. I've been buying the bonus sized cans and haven't been able to utilize the last 20-30%. It just won't spray once it gets that low. No amount of shaking will help. I use it to jet blast the 3-speed hubs when I'm overhauling them and for various other jobs. Bonus size?.... not if you can't use it. Same goes for the regular size cans. I wonder if it's related to the new nozzle with the built in straw?

I use brake cleaner to "jet blast clean" I think it has more pressure

I've always been nervous about aerosol cans with the warnings about "contents under extreme pressure". How does one safely cut a can open? I know this sounds paranoid, but it's a serious question.
"SLOWLY" DRILL A VERY SMALL HOLE IN TOP ( WHERE THE NOZZLE SEATS ) TO RELEASE THE PRESSURE, THEN GO TO A LARGER DIAMETER DRILL, LARGE ENOUGH RELEASE THE CONTENTS TO ANOTHER CONTAINER OF CHOICE. I'VE DONE IT. SO THERE'S NO WASTE

Had a buddy helping me on a small engine issue, he grabbed a can of PB blaster off one of my shelves and complained it not spraying, then popped the nozzle off the top of the can and stuck my air blower nozzle for my compressor and blew a lil air in it from said compressor and "Viola" ! It sprayed! , now I call him McGuyver

Get a sharp nail , turn can upside down , hit the edge of the bottom of the can with the nail end , a small hole will be there . Pour the rest out into your container , . Make sure you have let all the pressure out of the can , . The hole will poke threw the can easy , . The reason I would not saw the can is , you do not want any small metal particles in your last amount of wd-40

Probably already stated, but... if no "psssst" left, I hold away from my face and poke a hole in curved area of top and pour into an old "spritz" (pump head) container. aka bathroom spray, cologne, fragrance bottle, you know the type....
LoIza5OFIzjWVotkf5wDo5xwRq5cY66spJn32n5Bw&usqp=CAc.png

Last edited:
"SLOWLY" DRILL A VERY SMALL HOLE IN TOP ( WHERE THE NOZZLE SEATS ) TO RELEASE THE PRESSURE, THEN GO TO A LARGER DIAMETER DRILL, LARGE ENOUGH RELEASE THE CONTENTS TO ANOTHER CONTAINER OF CHOICE. I'VE DONE IT. SO THERE'S NO WASTE
Just whack it with a hatchet. Plus you get that free pretty marble.
aa563157a9955025361ad6fa383b7a1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I've never heard a marble knocking around when shaking a WD-40 can. Have I been getting screwed all these years? :eek: ........ :D

Back