When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar CWC find, help / opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, the first post is about getting info on his CWC Tall tank model, year, og paint etc. and I don't know either why a thread goes of track to different models, I guess the posters jump in before reading it all.
1554528659700.png

Last edited:
Here one that throws mud in the ring. "the new 1941 Roadmaster" I spect from their whole article in the ad, it's December to February 1941 print. And unless they just whipped this out the very same month of 41 then, the frame was made in 40. [edit] shoot, Feller's fame was the season of 41, so, X that, it's definitely summer ad of 41

My Psychic mind wants to say this bike is white or cream and red with lighter than red pin stripping, but it's quite possible it's Cream (or white) and blue with orange pinstripes. Duel stripes at that, 'two tone colors' in the catalog but, 'Tricolored' for the pin stripes. Four if it's cream b/c the front ends of fender sure looks white. White (or Cream), blue and orange pin strips would be the Indians color palate. Here's link to Cleveland's old uniforms: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xHjP1chJY.../rPoCg8pF69w/s1600/Cleveland+Indians+1200.jpg

The inside of the 'C' on his uniform would be orange, his long sleeved shirt blue, and stripes blue, white and or cream base color too. Come to tink on it, dat's why CWC did that cool, bright Orange that pops! , duh. :grimacing:

Can't see the duel stripes on front fender very well but no missing em on the rear. Twisted heart sprocket too, which has been thought to be for girls. Can't be sure but doesn't look like skip tooth too. Dog ear, Flat bar, with curved top and lower bar's paint scheme. this bike is top of the line, all the bells and whistles. Opps it aint got bells and whistles, but U get the point. :sunglasses:

View attachment 976111
Buy the 1936 to 1941 Roadmaster book from Scott, you'll have all kinds of great catalog pictures and model specific facts, etc. to help. Twisted hearts were very common in 40 and 41 models, and the book shows a lot of men's bikes with them.... I recommend the book.

Buy the 1936 to 1941 Roadmaster book from Scott, you'll have all kinds of great catalog pictures and model specific facts, etc. to help. Twisted hearts were very common in 40 and 41 models, and the book shows a lot of men's bikes with them.... I recommend the book.

Ah ha! here it is! The proof, evidence that the new (pre-war) angled chain stay, dog-ear, flat bar frame, the same type in topic, same used 41 through 42> in previous ad posted, was made in 1940. [Jeff54 drops the mic, wink]

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Here are CWC Roadmaster color charts for a few years. They are labeled as to which year they were published, etc. There are also "Special" paint additional ones that basically just added long pinstripes down the sides of the frame rails to make them more decorative. Those bikes are pictured in the book as well, and I posted a picture of a green one Is love to find in an above post here.

Deb

View attachment 975927

View attachment 975928

View attachment 975929

View attachment 975930

Oh this photo is pretty cool. The same I'd posted earlier but better. I'd presumed this 1941 bike does not have skip-tooth chain and colors might be cream or white base and secondary blue with orange stripes as it would be like the Indian's team uniform palate. I think the new chain and Sproket adds another dimension to styles and years, It's a time line, 41, not mentioned in their ads of a better chain on their specials. .

But here we can gather from this larger, autographed photo; it's not blue secondary color but orange. Orange and cream or white are not listed as 41 colors which means. we can presume moreover, that even the 38 colors you're showing, are applicable in 41 too. And it's likely that, when CWC listed "New colors" in different years, such as the 41's from catalog, these are new shades of red, green, blue, Maroon, etc. That obviously, as in 41 Orange is not listed, CWC's entire color palate is/was availed probably all the up to closing in 42. And we can color this bike to be sure too. The cat or ad that mrg provided, reposted below the Feller autograph image here; White or cream, orange secondary with white and black pin stripping, that's Feller's 1941 bike:

1941 orange white flat bar dog ear, roadmaster.jpg

While I really like the orange pin stripping on topic bike but I'd bet this orange secondary color is so bright, it just jumps out of the crowd, POPS out.

11bb8ae9-bf82-4a89-92be-c86d0176a623-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Ah ha! here it is! The proof, evidence that the new (pre-war) angled chain stay, dog-ear, flat bar frame, the same type in topic, same used 41 through 42> in previous ad posted, was made in 1940. [Jeff54 drops the mic, wink]

View attachment 976274
No one said anything about the frame not being correct, and no one said it wasn't from 41 or 42. There wasn't any argument about that. All I was getting at there was where the serial number on his red bike is so close to mine, but mine does not have ears, and they are both second series A *****and NO Cw serial numbers. The chart says second series A were in December 41 and January 1942. As I already said. I was just helping the guy out as best I could. I think reading the thread completely would be of help. Buy the book and see what you don't know, really look at Phil's chart. I only shared some of what I have in order to help. None of this is carved in stone. The book offers a lot of help, and you don't have it.

View attachment 976274
I never said that the frame with ears was new in 41. I only mentioned my January 1942 A no Cw has no ears but shares the same 2nd series of serial numbers. Its not an A from the series 3 because it would have a suffix of Cw and mine does not either. If the Cw was there, it would be from 1947 March to May of 47. Without ears. No CW makes these A serial numbers right on the border of prewar or postwar.

Yes, the first post is about getting info on his CWC Tall tank model, year, og paint etc. and I don't know either why a thread goes of track to different models, I guess the posters jump in before reading it all.View attachment 976222

Think you're missing the point of why we're seeing two different styles mrg.. Tall or flat bars is same to me here, and why the double curved bar is here is B/C of topic bike, and TyeDye's illustration of the girls 41.. It's that center bar pin-striping on the frame, fender differences and secondary pattern, pointed 'dart' verses curved.

Which, after we established it's repainted, what remains, is not posting a slew of the same bikes revived, but, the one most special paint scheme, we see in the double curved bar, but in his, the flat bar. The dart pattern on top and lower frame bars, verses the commonly, found as you posted over and over, curved. So, did the person who repainted it, do a resemblance of what was original or fantasy, b/c like it is, adding that orange pin stripe from the point of pointed, 'dart' white or cream secondary color on the frame, really, really POPs! ?

I.E rather than post what's there, where's the OP's original paint scheme, if it exists or fantasy, on another boy's flat bar, eh? TyeDye indicates it does, and presumably a very, very special paint scheme.
Ya gotta read, comprehend albeit, my grammar leaves something to desire, verses; 'looky, looky all the pretty photos' and jump in.

20190401_152405-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 976274
Then explain why they talk about their new fully enclosed chainguard for 1941? Like shown on this bike here. Before this style they were totally different.

20190406_124707.jpg

Think you're missing the point of why we're seeing two different styles mrg.. Tall or flat bars is same to me here, and why the double curved bar is here is B/C of topic bike, and TyeDye's illustration of the girls 41.. It's that center bar pin-striping on the frame, fender differences and secondary pattern, pointed 'dart' verses curved.

Which, after we established it's repainted, what remains, is not posting a slew of the same bikes revived, but, the one most special paint scheme, we see in the double curved bar, but in his, the flat bar. The dart pattern on top and lower frame bars, verses the commonly, found as you posted over and over, curved. So, did the person who repainted it, do a resemblance of what was original or fantasy, b/c like it is, adding that orange pin stripe on pointed white or cream secondary color on the frame, really, really POPs! ?

I.E rather than post what's there, where's the OP's original paint scheme, if it exists or fantasy, on another boy's flat bar, eh?
Ya gotta read, comprehend albeit, my grammar leaves something to desire, verses; 'looky, looky all the pretty photos' and jump in.

View attachment 976360
They are in the book. Not just girls, but a 1940 red mens with the side pinstripes. Man, you need the book.

They are in the book. Not just girls, but a 1940 red mens with the side pinstripes. Man, you need the book.
Yeah I need 50-60 bucks too. [grin]. and me tells ya a ting or two I will. B/C this aint the buy sell forum. My daughter, the writer and illustrator, has plenty published children's books, Hardcover, full color illustrations on every page. One is a set of 4 smaller hardcovers. U may of heard of one; in the set: 'Who farted' [grin] b/c I meet people who have all the time. They're sold by her publisher to retail all over everywhere, including the gift shop at MOMA. (Museum of modern art) .retailer's rack Issue prices are about 15-20 bucks. Not 50-60. They'll pay her 1-2,000 bucks for her idea and she goes to work making it. Once they recover initial investment, or sell all of the first publishing of any, IDK 1,000-2,000, first printing. she gets her royalty from the second printing , IDK a buck or so per book. The publisher's plan is to make some money, duh. Not over night; some higher priced sales but, long term.

And the reason they're in MOMA and other art museums is not b/c they're copies of catalogs and stuff, or lucky the publisher has connections, not at all. They're art, listed in the international archives, same place Picasso is. That's 50-60 buck stuff,. if U an art collector, , yet, merely 15-20, on the rack.

Disclaimer: left her name and title of her books including the cover title of 4 book set out b/c I ain't pitching her books here. Don't want to derail this topic and as it's not the buy//sell forum, I got your message the first time, IDK your 1st or 2nd post, 'Scott's book' and enjoy your input TyeDye, much good stuff contributed to topic and thread. And I know you mean no harm, for sure, just trying to be helpful, but. let's not pitch sales eh?

Last edited:
Back