When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to bike flights?

-
So I just tried again after repacking a Schwinn Cruiser in a more standard sized box and I get all the way to the end of the label and it stops me and says “Oh my, our carrier partners didn’t respond to your request”. What the heck does that mean? So now 2 nights in a row I can’t even ship a bike even if I am ok with the $87 fee. This is super frustrating

I just tried to do the normal info thing and got the same “Oh my, our carrier partners didn’t respond to your request”.
Anybody else have issues with this - a solution on how to get past or fix.........?
I'll be calling BikeFlights and UPS on Monday to try and get info.

Never had any issues with FedEx.......UPS 0 for 1

I got a call back yesterday from them and it had to do with me putting in the zip code in on the first screen. The lady instructed me to just type the city in and a list of possible options would pop up, then select my choice. I did it again and it worked. She also told me that the rates should be going down in the next few weeks. Hopefully things smooth out because at this point I’m feeling quite discouraged about the changes in carriers.

I got a call back yesterday from them and it had to do with me putting in the zip code in on the first screen. The lady instructed me to just type the city in and a list of possible options would pop up, then select my choice. I did it again and it worked. She also told me that the rates should be going down in the next few weeks. Hopefully things smooth out because at this point I’m feeling quite discouraged about the changes in carriers.

I tried that.......entered zip - choices dropped down so I chose the one I wanted and got the message
Maybe i'll try it again later.........after a couple beers :)

I tried that.......entered zip - choices dropped down so I chose the one I wanted and got the message
Maybe i'll try it again later.........after a couple beers :)

Hmm, might have to call them. Poor people who answer the phones have been taking a beating. It’s not their fault, go easy on them

Hmm, might have to call them. Poor people who answer the phones have been taking a beating. It’s not their fault, go easy on them.

Ended up going with ShipBikes and everything went just fine - actually very happy and went smooooooooooooth !!
Basically the same type service as Bikeflights - drop at FedEx and they handle the bike.
Shipped the bike for $60.........BikeFlights started at $89.95 and that was without insurance and before it locked up again with same message

I've shipped 3 bike related items through shipbikes so far, since bikeflights switched to ups. So far, zero issues.
I also checked bikeflights prices for each of the 3 labels, and all 3 were slightly cheaper through shipbikes. Plus I have the convenience of dropping them off at the same location as before.

The only thing I found mildly frustrating about shipbikes is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to set up an account like I have with bikeflights. It's nice to have some of the info saved so I don't have to type everything each time.
The only thing I can see on shipbikes website is a page to log in to an existing account, but nowhere to create one.

Back