When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Numerous makes and models identification

-

patmcclerren2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, I am new to antique and vintage bicycles, as far as owning anyway. I recently inherited some property and on this property in an old garage there were 50+ old bike frames and parts galore, I mean litreally over 150 chain rings 100 sets of handle bars, 50 drop stands, hundreds of crank arms, fenders,seats and more, I believe that I have frames from late 1890s through the 1960s. If I am not mistaken I have identified quite a few 1920s mead rangers,some schwinn stingrays, earlier schwinn pre 1960s quite a few early Elgins and about 30 that I have not had any luck with, some of them have serial numbers and no head badge and vice versa, some of them have partial head badges but all these other 30 have me stuck, some are early single tube, early double bent tube and double straight tube. I have 3 that I think are 1892-1898 but have no idea of maker. I can send or post pictures if someone would be so kind as to help train a rookie any and all help, opinions etc. is greatly appreciated . Thank you, Pat McClerren

Sounds like you have a serious cleaning to do. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Welcome! Let's see some pics!!!
jonah-hill-fangirl.gif

You can have some fun with all this now! I would separate the bicycles from the parts, get them out in the sunshine and post some pictures. Individual parts are good sellers and you should start there to try to thin it all out. Stacked up and not used parts won't help anyone. Post pics of all the handlebars, cranks, rings, seats, pedals, racks, etc. Then work on the complete or nearly complete bicycles. Pictures are key, and then people will gladly help ID all of it and give you a ballpark value as well...good luck!

Another key to both sales and identification/evaluation, is lighting.
It is best to take pictures in the daylight, but avoiding glaring reflections, or dark shadows.
DP Harris Rollfast-Peerless.jpg
An overcast or cloudy day is recommended.
If one works days, perhaps be patient to take pictures on weekends, or other off day.

Back