When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Hiawatha info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Still looking for a couple of good pics of the tank door latch in & out ?, like to find or make one more OG for mine. This is off Dave's site but not to clear, also wondering if Hiawatha came with crome or paint wheels?
1939%20Mercury%20with%20pod%204.jpg

The guy ( tripple3's friend ) I got it from took the badge off when I bought it, diffenetly same badge, the only one I had was off a Shelby built Hiawatha so a shade different shape and used what screws it had to put it on really quick and didn't want to put rivets yet, guess I should see if he wants to trade badges?, also was going to call him to see if he remembers what rims ( chrome or painted ) were on it, I bought it without seat, rims, bars & badge
9EB713D9-E8EB-4047-87F9-9F67A037EAB2.jpeg

Last edited:
old pic from old owner, he said somebody destroyed the badge trying to remove rivets but its the same, might be a little different because of yr & manufacture? I see chrome rims too but what l'm really looking at is the odd neck, not a pod stem? but what?
fordmike65

1557293738708.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
Murray built in case you already don't know.
I will have to dig out mine in to provide photo of tank latch. Perhaps you can make one.
My Mercury (same bike) has painted drop center rims.
Pretty sure they would be the same color as the bike based on what I have seen but who knows.
Gambles Stores may have done something different.
Perhaps someone who knows more about these bikes can chime in.

Chris?

Last edited:
Back