When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual Schwinn Frame - Please Help Identify

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

57 schwinn rat

On Training Wheels
I recently got this frame. It's from a 1950 Autocycle with the Planes and Trane's head badge. It's a reverse paint scheme with the main color being ivory and the scallops and accents in blue. When I was inspecting the frame I noticed an odd bracket on the brake-side chainstay right behind the kickstand. Also there is a narrowed section on that chainstay as well (similar to how the end of the stay is directly before the rear dropout). Can ANYONE help out in identifying this. I have included close up pics of the filleted and brazed bracket as well as the narrowed section taken from the opposite (chain) side. First picture is of the brake-side stay with the odd bracket and narrowed section at the right. The second picture of of the bracket from the brake-side. Thanks!

IMG_8321.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

The dimple provides clearance for the drive pulley which attaches to the spokes, and the little bracket is for the brake rod. I'm not an expert on these bikes, but I believe some of them have a whizzer specific prefix on the beginning of the serial number.

Do you have a complete pic of the whole bicycle - ideally the chain guard side - that would help determine condition & potential value .. based on what is on it & was is correct or not ..

Like I said - It's ONLY the frame with badge, headset, springer fork (no stays though), and rear wheel / hub that are correct. All the other parts were from other bikes. The frame would be a complete re-paint as it was rattle-canned with GOOD paint unfortunately, and after working on it for a few hours, it is evident that there is not much of the original paint / decals left. Just trying to get an idea of worth before I decide to build it or sell the parts to someone who needs a WZ. Thanks for any help!

Do you have a complete pic of the whole bicycle - ideally the chain guard side - that would help determine condition & potential value .. based on what is on it & was is correct or not ..

Back