When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to properly date and ID this PreWW2 era? Columbia?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I bought this in a lot of bikes,has no headbadge holes,doesnt seem to be a repaint at all with only some white pins/trim paint. Rear adjusters..Columbia sprocket,but odd serial numbers on BB.. ; 27654 S RH ( I THINK it is an "S" )
Thoughts anyone? Thank you!Jeff
20190412_145513.jpg

20190412_145520.jpg

20190419_164422.jpg

I would revisit the bottom bracket and look for more markings above/below what is seen in your photo. Is there a letter before the long serial #? Typically Westfield/Columbia bikes have a letter/# overcode in addition to the serial. Sometime after 1945 they stopped using this system.

Thank you! I will tomorrow..
To be honest I took about 10 pictures all from different angles and didn't see any other numbers or letters, I wiped it down really well but I'll give it a scuff with sandpaper and see if I can uncover more numbers or letters..Thanks!Jeff

The paint dart on the fork was used in the 50's quite a bit so the serial number may be on the frame next to the rear axle, not on the Bottom bracket. The other thing is this looks to be a Rambler or Sterling model. Of so there is a possibility that there will be no serial number as those were entry level bikes and often did not get s/n's.

Back