When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for black and white bicycle tire illustrations

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rambler

I live for the CABE
I have been asked to put on an antique bicycle display and teach basic bicycle evolution history to a group of Cub Scouts at a bicycle rodeo event. I am putting together a simple timeline of bicycle evolution/inventions and I have had good success finding clear black and white illustrations on internet of most everything except bicycle tire types.

I am looking for good clear black and white illustrations of a typical single tube tire on rim and a clincher tire on rim similar to this illustration of Robert Thompson's pneumatic tire invention.
tire1.jpg

Does anyone have any illustrations of typical single tube tire on rim and typical clincher tire on rim possibly a catalog or advertisement image they would be willing to share with me?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Jesse, the G&J advert should work perfectly for Clincher. Thank you for the single tube adverts as well.

Still looking for a single tube advert or illustration that shows cross section of tire on rim similar to the G&J advert.

You could try looking for original patent drawings Tyson. They often feature that type of sectioned illustration.
Don't forget those crazy sprung alternatives, or the cork versions!
Great to hear that your helping the youngsters get interested in our crazy hobby too.

Back