When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B6 on FB Marketplace

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jay81

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I should have jumped on this yesterday when I first saw it, but I snoozed and I losed lol.
Priced at $499 it was a steal! I messaged this morning, then called when they opened at 9, to see if I could put a deposit on it over the phone. There was no answer and I called back a few minutes later.
The guy that answered the phone said that it was already sold. There were two guys waiting to get in at 9, and they got into a bidding war.

This was the only pic posted yesterday. I knew it was a good deal, especially with the front brake and what looked like possibly a ND 2 speed.
Thought the seat leather may be missing.

1556025068326.png

Then I see it again this morning with these pictures added. I realize it does definitely have a 2 speed, although IDK what happened to the shifter. But, looking at these new pics I realize, holy crap it's got a rear drum brake as well. And the seat leather was intact and quite nice looking.
Now I'll be beating myself up all day for not jumping on it yesterday when I first saw it. Looks all complete and original other than the obvious incorrect chainring.
Probably worth $1500 give or take as it sits. Wonder what it ended up selling for when the bidding war was over.
1556025012610.png

1556025027861.png

1556025112337.png

Willing to bet its a 1946

Could be, I was just going by the year the seller stated. Although, he apparently knows very little about old bikes, having it priced that low, and yesterday it was listed as a '53 Schwinn Phantom.

LIKELY A '46!
MOST LIKELY STURMY ARCHER BRAKES.
"HUMPBACK FRAME" 'S J EDUCATE ME?
MAYBE THE OVERLAP OF THE TAIL END OF THE TANK OVER THE TOP RAIL OF FRAME?
WES

Last edited:
LIKELY A '46!
MOST LIKELY STURMY ARCHER BRAKES.
"HUMPBACK FRAME" 'S J EDUCATE ME?
MAYBE THE OVERLAP OF THE TAIL END OF THE TANK OVER THE TOP RAIL OF FRAME?
WES
for some reason 1946 B6 frames have a high spot in the middle of the top tube resembling a hump most likely the schwinn factory had not perfected the smooth bend as seen in postwar 48 and on b6 frames... i have seen quite a few 46s with this detail. just an observation. Pics bellow show the middle point more pronounced with out the tank mounted. Specific to 46s in my experience.

schwinn 46 hump.jpg

46 B6 _.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this bike somehow made it to the Anne Arbor show and the asking price
there was (sit down for this one) 2 grand

LoFl

Back