When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 ? Hawthorne Super Deluxe ladies bike, Supreme's sister

-
Incredible bike...................I'm surprised someone hadn't snapped it up sooner ! Great score. Pete in Fitchburg

Great rescue! After she's all cleaned up, ridable and looking beautiful you should get an old wicker front basket, put in a plastic liner, fill with potting soil and plant some flowers so you can strap it on to the handlebars for special rides. ;) Maybe there should be a thread for garden art/bike rescues...could be some great stories out there.

That bike is way too nice to be a trellis for sweet peas and ivy.

This outstanding original 1938 Hawthorne ladies bicycle has its original paint and decals, and features dual Delta Silver-Ray headlights, Wise fork lock, tail light and New Departure front coaster brake. This bike, made by the Cleveland Welding Company, shares many features with the 1937 Roadmaster Supreme. The curved crank arms, curved seat tube, carrier, dual silver-ray headlights and other features are typical of the “Supreme” Model. It is very rare to see this bike with a Hawthorne badge (sold by Montgomery Ward stores).

The above description borrowed from Nostalgic.net , Dave's Vintage Bicycles .. I like the last sentence.
Am I safe in saying this is a ladies ZEP ?

Back