When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Might have The chance to buy a high wheel! Can anyone help me with what to look for in these bikes before I purchase it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nick19

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Any info on what to look for and what is saught after in a high wheel is greatly appreciated. Also what price range do these go for normally I know it varies, also are they a good investment? I’m new to this! Thanks for the info everyone!

I’d say, the most important factor if you plan to learn to ride it, is that it’s the right size for you.
Your inseam length can determine that.
There’s a formula for figuring out what size wheel is right for you specifically.
I don’t remember what that is, so I suggest you slow your roll, and do some research before you buy.
There’s a book sold in the bookstore here on the Cabe, that is called, the Antique Bicycle by the author, Adams.
It is the definitive bible on the subject, and can tell you everything you need to know, and what to look for.
I highly recommend you check it out.
It will be the best investment you make in your quest to acquire a high wheel bicycle.
Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

Everything Marty said. As far as investment goes bicycles should not be investment vehicles, no pun intended, especially when you have no clue of what you’re looking at or the market for these. Buy something you like and will enjoy. If you get some money on the backside that’s just icing on the cake.

SIZE is right. I"m 5 6ish and the last one I road had a 4 foot wheel. I felt like I was taking my life in my hands every time i climbed aboard. But then YOU are taking your life in your hands everytime you ride one. The term "taking a header" comes from the "ordinary" days.

Back