When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Spalding Chainless Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gio

What a great short piece of American History wrapped up in that Video.
Thanks for posting
Hope a few others will enjoy this also.
Great pictures and early illustrations
Really opens the door for the imagery of Bicycle use , besides the typical vision of purely kids , fun and pleasure rides.
Work , transportation , cool leather and gun features during this era.
Very cool !
Thank you
Mark

That is one nice original chainless what find. I HAD A Spalding like that some years ago but I think mine was a year older. But sure not as nice as yours.

Ahhhhh I snoozed and lost on this one haha
I have been thinking about it hanging in the rafters of that antique store for a while now.....
Glad it has a happy new home!

Just checked my 1898 catalogue and it's not 1898. It does mention the rims in black with red center bands though as your bike is. Full desrciption of the chainless mechanism with several pages devoted to it. I think your bike is 1899 or 1900. The 1898 bike doesn't have that cone on the rear mechanism.

Here's another one that was sold by a Cabe member several yrs ago and I think we figured it to be 1899 or 1900. I would have to check through my archives to see how I came up with the yrs and I don't have time right now.

Image.jpg

Back