When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I read that you're not a purist and was trying to decide whether to make your frame into a Panther or a Hornet. If you have chrome rims, then you're on your way to a Panther. Hornets had painted rims. Just saying.

I read that you're not a purist and was trying to decide whether to make your frame into a Panther or a Hornet. If you have chrome rims, then you're on your way to a Panther. Hornets had painted rims. Just saying.
I’m not a purist, but I never said anything about building it as a Panther. You made this same point in my thread regarding the bike I built for my friend.
I’m building it the way I like, if you insist on fitting it into a model name or number call it an equipped Hornet or D19. The year of the new frame cannot be determined, so throw that into the mix.

Also, the catalogs mean nothing. A customer could order damn near anything they wanted. Catalog pictures were just examples.

It’s getting too hot to do much bicycle work here in Phoenix, but I have a replacement frame thanks to Danny the Schwinn freak. The letter on the serial number is worn off, so the exact year can’t be determined.
I like this fact.
646C7275-8EBD-4A37-AF76-D863F0781497.jpeg

Change of plans. I already have plenty of Spitfire Blue paint, so I’ve decided to use the blue frame, forks, and tank panels to complete this build.
I’m going to use the black S2/porkchop/Bendix 2 speed wheelset to put together a rat rod build with the frame and forks in the foreground as they are.
Does anyone have a ratty brown leather seat that would go well with this idea?
AE2DFD3B-A641-4252-8EDC-33F0CD40D8B7.jpeg

Last edited:
84B10FF2-F3A6-42C0-81EC-9EE11D37C4D4.jpeg

Also, I need a crusty brake lever for the fore brake if anyone has one they want to part with.
Also a crusty shield shaped badge of this design and screw spacing, engraved design is unimportant.

Last edited:
Back