When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Pair of SHOGUN Cro-Mo 400's...newly bought

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here I go again. This makes four bikes in the last week and a half...second and third in the last couple of days.

My wife and I were visiting my daughter and Grand kids yesterday, which live about 30 miles or so from us. Before we left, I saw these on Facebook and inquired about them. Seller didn't respond until a couple of hours later when we got to my daughters, but said he was home. Turns out he lives 30 miles past where we were, so timing was great. I was half way to his house from my house!

He said he had bought the bikes for him and a girlfriend, but it didn't work. So, the bikes have been around a while and was time to get rid of them. When I got to his house, he had them waiting outside. After a quick look over, we agreed on a price...$70 for the pair. I put them in the car, and as I'm driving I see why he had brought them outside. Apparently he's smoker, because I could smell that on them. AC blasting in the car with the windows open a little helped, but I warned my wife there would a bit of a smell when we went home later on. Odor had dissipated a bit, thankfully, by then. If not, I was afraid the car would retain the odor.

Anyway...I think they're both very late 70's or early 80's. Lower end, I know, but original except for the seats. Rims are Araya alloy 27x1 1/4 with the front being QR. All Shimano components with Champion No. 5 tubing (bottom of the barrel). Lots of nice decals, typical of bikes from this time period that were made in Japan. Check out the head badge! How cool is that!!

Another project to get to...but not until I finish the Windsor Competition I'm still working on from a couple of days ago. :cool:

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

IMG_6346.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

Last edited:
I looked closer at the forks and top tube. What I thought were decals of pinstripes are hand painted!

Also did a little research and found out that the bikes are from around 1982 and had a retail price of just over $200 back then. I might keep the tall frame one and just sell the other. To early to decide... :tonguewink:

I wonder what happened to you. Glad to see ya havent lost your touch finding some nice bikes

What's most amazing to me is getting those deals simply by blowing a horn!
I liked what Groucho said...

For many years, every time they met, Samuel Goldwyn's first words to Groucho Marx would be "How's Harpo?" Marx grew rather tired of this. Finally, on meeting Goldwyn again and facing the inevitable inquiry, he said, "Listen Sam, every time we meet - every time for _years_ - you always ask, 'How's Harpo?' You never ask me anything else, and to tell you the truth, I'm getting goddam sick and tired of it. Why don't you ever ask me how _I_ am?" "How are you?" asked Goldwyn obligingly. "I'm fine," replied Groucho. "And how's Harpo?"

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Back