When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Somewhat New WD-40 Product

-
Did you know you can wear the same underwear at least 6 different ways before you have to wash 'em ? uh , Wait.............................Your right ....................WD40 does smell better :mask:

I looked up the MSDS on this stuff and all it says is it's a petroleum solvent. And it's not known by the State of California to cause cancer. lol..

Thanks to this great product I was able to get my mail box door open again today, and with a super smooth operation. When the door flew open I found @barnyguey s Head Badge book inside! Thanks Barry, beautiful job!
1562821124304.png

Did you know WD -40 was originally made for the "space" industry? It was made to keep ICBM skins from oxidizing in the underground silos. It was thier 40'th attempt the make a working product. The guys using it liked it so much, they begged "the powers that be" to let them take some of it home to use around the house, and the rest is history as they say.

Did you know WD -40 was originally made for the "space" industry? It was made to keep ICBM skins from oxidizing in the underground silos. It was thier 40'th attempt the make a working product. The guys using it liked it so much, they begged "the powers that be" to let them take some of it home to use around the house, and the rest is history as they say.

Yep, started using the old WD-40 back in the mid 60's. I learned the hard way that it's definitely not a lubricant. Ruined my Yankee Screw Driver with WD-40, and it never kept my saws from rusting. I've started some small engines and fires with it, but use it now mostly for cleaning roofing tar off my tools. :p

One thing that gripes me at work is people using it on the machines we sell instead of oiling and greasing it. Then everything jams up and they end up sending it back to us to get it fixed.

Last edited:
I used to be a subscriber to Gas Engine Magazine (Hit-Miss Guys) they swear by Kroil and Gibbs. Those engines have been outside for 80-90 years +

Back