When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Rolling Relics S.F. Ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How’s the bike parking at P23

52C2AACF-5D51-429D-9686-A4FB8041FE62.jpeg

I was thinking the area in red (red arrow), with part/all of the crew hanging out in the beer garden section on that side.

"@Autocycleplane the parking lot where we meet on Sunday has been awesome with live music when we return".
Can someone provide more details for Sunday's ride?

Meet up on Sunday July 28th starting around 10am or so in old town Corte Madera, just 10-15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge off the 101. There should be plenty of parking on a Sunday morning right around the start spot, but there are lots more spots around the big park just down the road on Tamalpais Drive. You'll pass that park on your right between the 101 and old town Corte Madera.

Start spot at the gazebo at Menke Park: https://goo.gl/maps/NL7BgqWaJ178p1Bt7

Roll out at 10:30. We will spend the next hour and a half or so exploring and stopping for photos (redwoods, bronze Yoda statues, what have you) on our way to Fairfax. There are plenty of side routes along the main bike route with numerous little towns to grab coffee, snacks, etc along the way. Tons of bike shops too if we need one. I'll do my best to guide folks around and make sure everyone has a fun ride and sees cool stuff.

After that, everyone is free to hang around town in Fairfax for lunch, beers, visit the Bicycling Museum, wander around town, and roll out whenever you feel the urge to start heading home. It's probably really only 30-40 minutes to ride back to Corte Madera from Fairfax straight through on an old bike for those of you wondering about timing. There are tons of road and mountain bikes everywhere - easy to follow the flow and pretty tough to get lost. Unless you are @fordmike65 of course.

1563211791626.png

1563211812258.png

So I did a little test ride today.... here's our parking info which is right next door to Reds Java house, the yellow archway in my other photo up above. $10 all day. Doesn't get any better. Pier 23 might end up being our new afterparty spot. We'll see. I took a photo of the menu and the outdoor area.

View attachment 1030391

View attachment 1030398

View attachment 1030399

View attachment 1030400

Pier 23 is a very nice place. Great music, with some famous artists.
I was invited to Dan Hicks birthday party, at Pier 23, after his birthday bash concert.
The Jim Kweskin Jug Band was there, too.
I got to hang out with my friend Jim and Maria Muldaur.

Meet up on Sunday July 28th starting around 10am or so in old town Corte Madera, just 10-15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge off the 101. There should be plenty of parking on a Sunday morning right around the start spot, but there are lots more spots around the big park just down the road on Tamalpais Drive. You'll pass that park on your right between the 101 and old town Corte Madera.

Start spot at the gazebo at Menke Park: https://goo.gl/maps/NL7BgqWaJ178p1Bt7

Roll out at 10:30. We will spend the next hour and a half or so exploring and stopping for photos (redwoods, bronze Yoda statues, what have you) on our way to Fairfax. There are plenty of side routes along the main bike route with numerous little towns to grab coffee, snacks, etc along the way. Tons of bike shops too if we need one. I'll do my best to guide folks around and make sure everyone has a fun ride and sees cool stuff.

After that, everyone is free to hang around town in Fairfax for lunch, beers, visit the Bicycling Museum, wander around town, and roll out whenever you feel the urge to start heading home. It's probably really only 30-40 minutes to ride back to Corte Madera from Fairfax straight through on an old bike for those of you wondering about timing. There are tons of road and mountain bikes everywhere - easy to follow the flow and pretty tough to get lost. Unless you are @fordmike65 of course.

View attachment 1030624
View attachment 1030625

Here is a great place to stop and have coffee, pastries and lunch. You won’t be disappointed. It’s in Larkspur, near the the Marin Museum of Bicycling.
464 Magnolia Ave, Larkspur, California

We're one week away from one of the greatest vintage bike rides around. Can you say your vintage bike has rolled across the iconic Golden Gate bridge? This is your chance. Nothing beats a prewar bike on a bridge of the same era. Its incredible to pedal across and feels like a time warp knowing they're both constructed a few years apart. Also.... July is month of the Shelby being celebrated in Shelby,Ohio as well as Long Beach,Ca for the annual Shelby Invasion and San Francisco is no different. So if you feel like keeping the party going all month long, bring a Shelby out. Anyway, get those bikes ready, bring a chain and lock to protect your bike during our lunch stop and a jacket because it is S.F. afterall and you never know and be ready to have the time of your life. Epic photo ops EVERYWHERE! See you kids soon... I can't wait.

Back