When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the history of fender bombs (repros)

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
Dont know if this topic has come up but it would be nice to know who has reproduced the schwinn fender bombs over the years and in what quantity so if we ever come across one that is not original we can know how to date it and compare it to as close to the original as possible if we are going for a near factory look super deluxe project. Including the differences in writing and pointing out the ones with strange or gone bad details if any? But mostly it would be nice to know who produced them and the history so it wont be lost, post pics if you have them. I know there are a few that were remade so dont be shy.

I picked this up on the bay. Any idea when it was made and who made it? Its not hollow.

20190622_135249.jpg

20190622_135308.jpg

20190622_135256.jpg

I think youre right bob
The early 80's reproductions had very obvious looking "marble" green glass reflectors that
looked immediately fake... as time went on and others were reproduced, the original
green cat eye glass used also for road signs back then were sourced and the reproductions
took on a frighteningly more 'authentic look', and unfortunately leading to a lot of people
getting burned.
"I'm not sure if it's original or not, but I want 450.00"
Doh!

lameness

by the way if i wanted to switch out the current green glass on the one i have...for a more correct looking glass would it be too difficult? has anyone else done that work? or even have the right glass for it?

Back