When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Murray do I have?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brent resurrected this thread in another thread asking a similar question. My question pertains to the pictures that K-CODE KID posted of his 1961 Flightliner with the model number 4616. I have a similar girl's bike with model number 4617. I'm thinking that they're both from the same year and the one digit difference between models differentiates the boy's model from the girl's model. Am I correct or is something just coincedental?

Thanks, Ed

IMG_20190524_120307129.jpg

IMG_20190619_142348594.jpg

That's a great Flightliner. I made mine into a banana seat bike since it had 24in wheels and the tank and rack were missing.

Thanks, just got it. The only thing that I've done is to take an SOS pad and some alunimum foil f9lded into a pad and wetted to remove some 9f the surface rust. I need to finish a couple of other bikes before i get really serious attacking the rust in all the crevices, repaint the tank and rack, and put a good set of tires 9n it. Anyone know of the whereabouts for a tail light assembly for this model. I also need a battery tray.

Brent resurrected this thread in another thread asking a similar question. My question pertains to the pictures that K-CODE KID posted of his 1961 Flightliner with the model number 4616. I have a similar girl's bike with model number 4617. I'm thinking that they're both from the same year and the one digit difference between models differentiates the boy's model from the girl's model. Am I correct or is something just coincedental?

Thanks, Ed

View attachment 1021728
You're correct, Rivnut. For the equivalent women's models, the fourth digit in the serial number is 1 greater than the men's model, so the deluxe women's 4617 model is equivalent to the deluxe men's model 4616. The same numbering convention applies to Spaceliners as well.

You're correct, Rivnut. For the equivalent women's models, the fourth digit in the serial number is 1 greater than the men's model, so the deluxe women's 4617 model is equivalent to the deluxe men's model 4616. The same numbering convention applies to Spaceliners as well.
Thanks. Every once in a while there seems to be some order in the universe.

Back