When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn green paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinnman_82

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am looking for the green paint shade that originally was on a 1950 Schwinn Hornet. I believe the color is Spitfire Green. If anyone knows where I can buy some it would be appreciate!

There was a Spitfire Red, Blue and Green on the Hornets later down the road in the 50's maybe 52, but a 1950 model D-19 would most likely be the Coach Green.

Last edited:
rustoleum at walmart has all the colors available for less tan $5 a can,if you know how to colorsand and buff u dont have to spend alot of money!!

If I’m going to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a vintage Schwinn and parts, put in untold hours and blood sweat and tears on a refurb or resto, I’m not going to cheap out on a can of Rustoleum that I guarantee will not look like official Schwinn Coachman Green paint. I bit the bullet on my 53 Panther refurb and bought the VintageSchwinn.com Coachman Green spray paint. It’s formulated from the original Schwinn paint specs by Sherwin Williams and gives a very professional finish.

09C8C1AF-FFF0-4327-B998-AC3BDEB3352E.jpeg

86EA52EF-9223-4AD8-B436-7293951F490E.jpeg

DDDEF549-05B1-4420-B331-D11DDCA38DEB.jpeg

I think for all the work I have done to straighten and prep the bike I will get the Coach Green from vintage Schwinn. I appreciate everyone’s input. Good to know the correct color.

Back