When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

frankenbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone know or is there a list somewhere of all the reproduction bikes that have been manufactured? I own several and may be interested in buying more if I know what to look for. I realize that most are limited production but it is still possible to find them in as or like new condition. Thanks, Gary.

The ones I know of:
Bowden Spacelander
Phantom-black, red, green
Columbia RX5
Columbia F9T boys and girls
Roadmaster Luxury Liner
Western Flyer--I don't consider this POS a repo--does not represent any real bike ever built
Stingrays/Krates--some decent but most pure crap
Raleigh Chopper

The Columbia repops are all over eBay. A good to pristine RX-5 can be had for $400-$800 depending on what the seller is on that day. The F9T boys are just as plentiful and similar in price range but usually in the $500's. A lot less girls models were produced so are rarer but less desirable as well so not necasaraly worth more money. Typically when you find a girls F9T it is selling paired with a boys as they were no doubt purchased together originally. $1000 is not an unusual asking price for a pair.

Please be aware that the value (realized prices) of reproduction bikes has mostly gone down over the years. Production numbers were "so called" limited but still were usually enough to flood the market.

A lot of what are referred to as reproduction bicycles are actually tribute bicycles, as they are loosely styled after something that never was.

Does anyone know or is there a list somewhere of all the reproduction bikes that have been manufactured? I own several and may be interested in buying more if I know what to look for. I realize that most are limited production but it is still possible to find them in as or like new condition. Thanks, Gary.
Repops are ok as long as you realize you will probably lose money.They are not very collectable and although "limited" numbers they are still plentiful.Their quality is usually on the cheap side.I dont think they are a good investment if that is what you are looking for.

Repops are ok as long as you realize you will probably lose money.They are not very collectable and although "limited" numbers they are still plentiful.Their quality is usually on the cheap side.I dont think they are a good investment if that is what you are looking for.
Buying Phantoms ( all 3 colors ) in the box for $1,200 each would easily part out for $4,500 if not more. Not a life changing investment for sure but I am still a believer that the Red and Green in the box will continue to go up, even if ever so slowly.

Time will tell, but I think the repros are about at the bottom. I see them priced as low as $400 and considering the price of similarly equipped new (cruiser) bikes my opinion is that they will be good investments over the long term and if parted the same over the short term. I like them simply from the standpoint that the originals in some cases have gotten very expensive and as much as I would like to own a Spacelander I just can't justify the $15 to 20K entry fee. I will still buy good original bikes that I want as long as they are affordable for me. And if I put a scratch or dent on a repro I won't feel as bad as if I did the same to an excellent original. I still like to ride these things and we all know how poop happens. Thanks, Gary.

Anytime I see the words ‘investment’ and ‘bicycle’ in the same sentence it sets off a warning sign. I don’t believe any of the repo bikes will appreciate. Far too many made for the number of people that will want one. I buy stuff that I like that way I never lose money because the joy of ownership is priceless! V/r Shawn

Back